Welcome to the New Jersey Reefers Club!
New Jersey Reefers Club is a non-profit educational society dedicated to the conservation of our ocean reefs. Through an open exchange of ideas and information we are able to expand our knowledge and ability to care for the inhabitants of our aquarium systems. By encouraging propagation we help to reduce the demand for wild caught speciments and do our part to encourage conservation and preservation of our natural reefs.
New Jersey Reefers Club sponsors monthly meetings around the Garden State and quarterly speakers from among the most knowledgeable speakers on marine aquarium topics.
The purpose of the New Jersey Reefers Club is:
• To promote interest in and enjoyment of all aspects of marine aquariums and reef keeping
• To educate our members and the public on topics related to the biology, physiology, and chemistry of reef biotopes through the sponsorship of meetings, lectures, publications, websites, exhibits and other means.
• To provide a forum for sharing resources and information among local aquarium enthusiasts.
• To support research, education, conservation and responsible reef keeping efforts aimed at improving marine and coral reef environments .
• To involve, educate and provide scholarships for young people about marine aquariums, reefkeeping, aquatic life and future marine careers.