Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
T&C - NJ Reefers Club
Welcome to the New Jersey Reefers Club (“NJRC”).
Your access to this web site and use of the forums contained herein, your participation in NJRC organized events, and all other services offered to you through NJRC are subject to the terms and conditions of this user agreement (“User Agreement), copyright notice, all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademarks. By accessing the content and/or services provided to you by NJRC, its members, moderators, officers, directors, successors and assigns, including but not limited to those services provided through the website www.njreefers.org, you accept and agree to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms and conditions in this user agreement. NJRC reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of use (“T&C”) of the website www.njreefers.org and the services offered by NJRC at any time, effective immediately upon posting of changes to the T&C. By using the services of this website, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
1.POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This includes posting matter of a political or religious nature. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless New Jersey Reefers Club and its representatives against any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. POSTING IS A PRIVILEGE. Please note that you are a guest on a privately-owned site. Posting here is a privilege that we hope you will enjoy and respect. All members are to have only one user name and are to post under that name exclusively. The moderators can, and will, remove the posting privileges of any person who does not wish to follow the rules, or in the opinion of the moderators is a detriment to the site.
2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: New Jersey Reefers Club exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, New Jersey Reefers Club defines “commercial post” as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.” Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, New Jersey Reefers Club reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent” of the “commercial post” policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.
2.1. COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: Any member that has any commercial connection to a product or company, or a to a directly competing product or company, is requested to clearly divulge that relationship when posting a comment about that product or company.
3. AVATARS, SIGNATURES, TITLES AND PROFILES: All terms and conditions of this User Agreement apply to these areas as well. An avatar or signature may not contain commercial names, graphics, logos or URLs.
4. CONTROL OF INFORMATION: You acknowledge that New Jersey Reefers Club does not control the information available on the message boards, chat rooms and other user and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors and they are solely liable for their content. Although New Jersey Reefers Club may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, message boards and other user and member-generated pages on this web site, neither New Jersey Reefers Club nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors is under any obligation to do so. New Jersey Reefers Club reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, message boards or on any other user or member-generated pages.
5. NO WARRANTY: The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. They are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither New Jersey Reefers Club nor its affiliates endorse or are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement on the service or the sites.
6. OWNERSHIP OF POSTS: Any communication or material you post or transmit is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant New Jersey Reefers Club the right to display this material on its web sites. New Jersey Reefers Club makes no ownership claims to any material you post or transmit and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator, with individual exceptions such as contest entries specifically labeled as such when solicited.
7. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Your use of this web site is at your own risk. Neither New Jersey Reefers Club, nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of this web site and the information available on this web site or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on this web site. You hereby waive any and all claims against New Jersey Reefers Club arising out of your use of the services of this web site and the information available thereon. New Jersey Reefers Club does not review or monitor any web sites linked to the member-generated content of this web site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
8. PRIVACY: We will not offer any information about you to any company. However, you should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, street address, etc.) on a bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
9. JURISDICTION: This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the services of this web site shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey.
10. PAID MEMBERSHIPS: In the event that you elect to upgrade a free registration to a paid membership account, the annual fees are non-refundable.