It's time for NJRC's photo of the month! The winner gets their picture posted on the homepage of NJRC for the month and $20 Visa/Master Gift Card!
1. Pictures must be hobby related (no pictures of your pet hamsters)
2. You must submit your own work (if you like someone else's pic, give them the nudge to submit it)
3. Submissions will be taken until one week of month's end
4. Pictures will be displayed anonymously with an anonymous poll for a period of approximately 1 week directly prior to month's end (only paid NJRC members will be able to vote - one vote per poll)
5. The winning pic will then be posted on the homepage of NJRC
6. In the event of a tie, a random winner will be chosen by NJRC admins/mods
7. The pictures should be photos that have not been previously posted on any local forum
8. No full tank shots, pictures must be of a single focal point or unique perspective
9. The pictures must be free of any borders, graphics, signatures, watermarks or date/time information.
10. Each member can only submit 2 Pics per poll.
11. Each poll must have submissions from at least 2 different members in order to hold a contest for that month. If not enough entries, the prize gets added to the next month's contest. If there was only 1 submission, it will automatically get added to the next month's contest.
12. If there is a tie at the end of the original voting period, a "Break-The-Tie" (BTT) poll will be created to determine a single winner.
13. BTT poll will include all photos that had the highest vote total and will run for 3 days. If a tie remains at the end of the 3 days of the BTT poll, we will extend the poll in 1-day increments until the tie is broken and we have a single winner.
14. We will reveal all the original submitters' info after the poll was over.
Pictures may have to be sized down when posted on the site due to size limitations, we'll take care of that on the admin side of things should the need arise.
Submit your photo, along with a brief description (max of 60 chars), by emailing them as attachment to Photos@njreefers.org. Please put POTM - USERNAME in the subject. The description will be used on the home page. It should include any special technique used, something about the subject of the photo, the camera/lense used, what post production work, if any was done (cropping, color correction, sharpening, layering ....), and anything anecdotal that you'd like to tell.
4/10/2013 - Edited to revise rules & instructions, please review before submitting any other POTM entries!