• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

22 Gal revival

22 Gal Cad Lights Tank (Has been up for about 3 years) (Severely neglected)

Equipment:
Nano Box Mini Light
JBJ ATO
JBJ Refugium Light
Hydor Heater
Upgraded pump (forgot how strong she is but shes strong)

Media:
Activated carbon
Chemipure Elite

Refugium:
Just running Chaeto for now

Livestock:
2 clowns that have been with me since the beginning
No corals until I get my algae under control

My new toy. Got it in yesterday

Here it is (my dumb photo camera does not do it justice)

A reefers must have tools

Here I have my filter and media. I am in the process of hopefully making a DIY stand for the media (sumtin similar to media baskets at intank website, Just not as good)

This is where I will add my refugium. I need some macro (anybody has some spare macro please let me know) I am still waiting for my JBJ refugium light.

Thats pretty much it. If you can't tell by the pics I have some green hair algae I am battling. So far I am winning. Once all the algae is gone I will be investing heavily on corals. I am planning to get mainly lps and softies. Maybe some SPS but only hardy ones.

Now about running a skimmer. I actually had a skimmer but it didn't fit on the back. I had to sit it in the display and I hated it. Also my wife hates the sound the skimmer makes. She absolutely hates it. SO I had no choice but to take it away. Not sure what the quietest one is out there that would fit my tank. I think I will try it out a couple of months without it. I am hoping my media, refugium, and weekly water changes be enough to have a clean and nuisance algae free tank. ( sorry for the crappy pics)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Best of luck turning things around. Let us know how you like the light, I've Heard good things about them.

Please that would be great. I am in 07203, exit 137 off the parkway. I might be going to the meeting, not sure if you'd be going.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I have a HOB refugium + chaeto + mangroves ( I can sell you the HOB at a really good price....the neighborhood discount)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Looks much better, good luck in the continued battle vs hair algae. Look into the mame or tunze nano skimmers.