• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

60g cube build

You think? That is not even a 1/2 inch frag. What says it was healed? What says it was healthy? Sorry, but the hype around some of the acros in this hobby right now is just against the hobby. The pic that @redfishbluefish just posed is selling for $1500. I mean really? What says it will last 15 days?

Your correct Sunny. It wasn't healed looked like a fresh cut. So it not being fully healed could've cause more stress on it with transportation and being introduced into a new aquarium with different lighting could've just made it stress enough that it didn't survive.
Gambles we take in this hobby. I'll get another but make sure it's completely healed and at least attached to the frag plug.

bummer:( I'm feeling for you. Alex has OP in his collection maybe he has this acro too... see if he can break you off a piece. I picked up a 1/4in frag of the WD earlier this year that is starting to form some growth tips... If it gets big enough I'll cut you off some

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Alex at reefabout has both the orange passion and the walt disney in his tank, along with many other high end stuff, I don't know when he plans on fragging them next but he waits for them to heal and he'll give you a better price on them.

horseplay

NJRC Member
It's a bummer to lose a frag like WD. I myself won't buy a frag over $50 anymore. Why? There are a lot of acros look nice when healthy and grown into a colony. Plus there is a pretty high probability one will lose the frag before it grows into a colony.

Still have the Fireworks Joe. The tank starting slipping. Due to life with 3 very young kids.
I almost lost it but it Starting to come back.
For the last 3 months I’ve been on this tank to cause I wanted to start investing again.
The JF live sale got me spending $$$ on the tank again. Which everyone know you buy corals you get motivated again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have the Fireworks Joe. The tank starting slipping. Due to life with 3 very young kids.
I almost lost it but it Starting to come back.
For the last 3 months I’ve been on this tank to cause I wanted to start investing again.
The JF live sale got me spending $$$ on the tank again. Which everyone know you buy corals you get motivated again.

Nice!!! If you get that Fireworks to a fraggable size I'd love to get a piece. Curious if you were able to put your finger on what you are doing to make your shrooms so eager to reproduce? I've been kinda of struggling with mine going in and out their happy place for more than a year. BTW I have 1 of your shrooms and its my favorite

Thanks. Yeah I don’t know what I’m doing for them to have crazy growth. Im just keep doing what I have been and there super happy in there.
NP. Once all my stuff gets Fragable I will post stuff up.

Where’s yours place at?
I have mine on sandbed on the outskirts of my lights and mild water flow.

I've been thinking that I have them in both too much light and flow. I had a small detach and could not find it... A few weeks later found it glowing in my sump attached to some cheato. So I moved a few into the sump to see how they like it.

I've been thinking that I have them in both too much light and flow. I had a small detach and could not find it... A few weeks later found it glowing in my sump attached to some cheato. So I moved a few into the sump to see how they like it.

Yeah just put them in the outskirts of your light with less flow. They should be happier.

Just took a plunge. Had to get this from Stan aka Smcooller
It’s called the Scop
Now I have to wait for it to heal a week or two. Before I get it.
8bab937fa5c6853f8b51575862dee6c4.jpg