• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

65 Gallon Start Up

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Welcome to the club. I started in this hobby about 1.5 years ago with a 36g bow front. Now got a 54g corner (check out my story - My tank thread | NJ Reef Club ) You kid will love the tank. My two kids are always over by my tank watching my fish and corals. Congrats on the baby as well the tank will aid in the all nighters lol

Lost my first fish yesterday. Not really sure what happened to him, I believe he was a jumping casualty because I cannot find him anywhere in the tank. He was there midd after noon when I feed them, and then not when I went back to check on him a few hours later. I still have not been able to find him, Ive look all around the outside of the tank and the overflow. After work today im going to take the plumbing apart the see if hes stuck in there.

Lost my first fish yesterday. Not real sure what happened, I think he was a jumper. He was there around mid day when I fed them, and then a few hours later he was missing. I still have not found him, ive looked all around the outside of the tank with no luck. Im guessing he jumped into my overflow weir and is stuck in the pipes somewhere.

Added a Scooter blenny and a clown goby. Both are doing well and all three fish are eatting a living together peacefully. Looking to add my first coral or anemone some time soon, any suggestions out there.

Haven't updated here in while, a lot has changed since my last post.

Ive moved the tank's location, added a sump, lights, and corals.

I'm battling hair algae at the moment, so I've been curing a bunch of rock for the past few weeks with the plan of re-scaping and scrubbing the old rock clean. Looking to build a much bigger structure with tunnels and places for more corals.

Poor quality in pictures, I'm working on figuring out how to take better ones with blue lights on. The sand is white not brown, and the hair algae is mostly on left and right of the rock work.
9b56891d7c6938973ef660a19946aaff.jpg

6e4603596177c0e368ceb1bf779f50b9.jpg

Hoping to get the refugium in the first section of the sump back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk