• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A good place to identify good or bad HITCHHICKERS

Hey can anyone tell me if this could be some kind of urchin its as big as my nail and looks like a pencil urchin. I dont think its a spider but who knows20170530_001048.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My guess is a sponge. Does it move....have eyes....have an opening?

If it moves, I'm leaning towards a nudibranch.

Ok peeps. My husbands 60 gallon he had put some zoas in it..he doesnt really move stuff or do anything like that. But one day we saw his feather duster come out and never saw him again. Then we noticed this growing over his zoas..could this be the worm making his tube. See the line thats encrusting the zoas? Any ideas?20170613_102152.jpg

I found this right now in my snail is good or bad? I had a sand shifter star and I don't find it in my display tank and I love this snail from it to the nano tank ?
7233e50ddd1957825f7df6d89faaf3c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
That's an asterina star fish. Some say they are harmless while other, including myself, have had issues with them irritating Zoas.

20170701_021134.jpg Anyone know what this is? The transparent little feelers their are long ones on the left but if you enlarge the pic there are more shorter ones on the right. My trumpets were never in grwat shape since i took them from my husbands tank

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I would guess its algae. You can try scrubbing (very carefully near the flesh) it with an old toothbrush to get rid of it.