• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A question about vitamins

So I’ve been feeding my fish LRS dosed with 1ml of Selcon daily. I let it soak all day long and feed them incrementally throughout the day. My fish are more colorful than ever

Has anyone ever heard/read/experienced if fish can get too much vitamins? Are their any downsides to doing this?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I heard some mixed reviews about selcon giving fish liver issues from other reef sites.

Can't prove it though

Aside from I have never used the stuff but have heard that it leaves like an oil slick in your tank

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I believe the conclusion to the study was that it was fine to start fish on selcon to get them to eat frozen foods but you don't want to do it long term because of the liver problems. If you are feeding LRS, your fish are getting a good quality food and you should be good to go from there.