• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ACC

So lately I have heard a bunch of complaints about ACC from different people I run into mainly about customer service but so far I haven't had any bad experiences to complain about just kinda things that I wasn't to happy with.. For example today I took a trip out there because I saw a coupon for 20 dollar Ultra Flower Anemones the coupon state instore Ultra flower Anemones 20 dollars each online purchase not included. so I get to the store wait to be helped an ask were they were and was pointed to a tank with 3 baskets in it all with ultraflower anemones in,fact the hole are was dedicated to them.. Aside from being in,three different baskets they were differentiated they were all ultraflower anemones... So I pick one wait for the guy to come help cause he walks away every time I hesitate after a sentence and when he does he goes that one is 79 dollars ( I think it could been 69) and I said what about the coupon he goes its only specific ones .. Basically the ones that had the crappy colors.. So basically they got an order cherry picked the ones they like and put an,add up for the ugly ones.. So my complaint is that's BS don't say all Ultraflowers 20 bucks and then pull the nice ones out anf leave a bin of the ones petco would have an ultraflower anemone is a high end brightly colored anemone at the very least separate them or call them ultra ultra flower anemones .. I drove 45 mins out there for a nice anemone and walked away.. Also the help literally every time I stopped he would walk away I had to wait to find him for each question like I had a 1 question limit..
I like ACC cause unfortunately its the only place around now that trops gone but the complaints I have heard are seeming more founded my last few visits .. I hope it's just a phase cause the owner seemed like a nice guy but it was Definitly upsetting today

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I stopped going there. I have experienced the "walk away" many times. Last time I was there I payed online for a blue tipped frogspawn. There was one other customer in the store. He would do the walk away and tell me I'll be right back. I wasn't asking any questions. I just wanted my coral. It took 70 minutes to get out of there. This was on a Wednesday at 11:00 AM. The owner is okay but he isn't there in the mornings. The 20 something year old is the one who opens the store.

Have you gone to Ultimate Corals in Jackson? He's nice and knows his stuff :)

I stopped going there. I have experienced the "walk away" many times. Last time I was there I payed online for a blue tipped frogspawn. There was one other customer in the store. He would do the walk away and tell me I'll be right back. I wasn't asking any questions. I just wanted my coral. It took 70 minutes to get out of there. This was on a Wednesday at 11:00 AM. The owner is okay but he isn't there in the mornings. The 20 something year old is the one who opens the store.

Have you gone to Ultimate Corals in Jackson? He's nice and knows his stuff :)
Love ultimate corals in Jackson,the guy that runs it is nice helpful an always gives you straight up front advice and help great deals to.. I once won a 20 dollar live stock gift card at ACC the stipulations on it was could not be used on something on sale.. Well everything is always on some sorta sale at ACC( even if the price doesn't seem like it lol) so I could never use it unless I wanted to waste it on something like a star fish or what ever and then I went back on time and found something I wanted to use it on guess what the spot on the app it used to be wasnt there so it either expired or disappeared I did,mention it at the register and was told we can,talk,about it another time since the store was busy.. Most of the complaints I have heard were about live stock issues and customer service idk its the closest place but I may just go else were from now on I bought a racoon faced butter fly today.. Its in the tank the wife just told me it aint looking good ...every thing else is fine he kinda looked funny to me in the store but I figured since I never owned one it maybe just how the fish is I saw him eat made sure he was eating an got him.. The selection wasnt to great today inventory was low but it is after the holidays so I kinda expected it

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have a number of flower anems, 3 I purchased from ACC, but, last time I went in for a sale on them I had the same thing happen (may have been the same type sale). The nice lookers were $60+. I left without anything and purchased 3 Ultras elsewhere (at $75 for the 3).
Same sometimes happens with the softies, seems the ads often don't match up to the in-store pricing, yet I'll usually pick up a tiny ($10-20) frag or two to grow out so its not a wasted trip then do my big 100+ purchases on line.
Saying that, I do buy some hardware there any they will match prices to an extent (got my last ATO, lighting, mounts, etc...).
I also buy some fish there, I just got a beautiful Black Phantom clown, and I stock up on inverts during their sales.
I do buy most of my corals elsewhere now but will continue shopping there for other things.
The owner is a great guy and he has a few very knowledgable and efficient guys working for him.
May be they're just getting too busy and taking too much on at once?

Also curious on this new membership thing. Seems that everyone is a member until a certain deadline, then to get the member sale prices you have to pay an annual membership fee.
Unsure how thats going to work and last time I asked in store the clerk was unable to give me any details.
That may be a killer for me as I can't see paying a premium membership for a few hundred dollars in purchases over the year. I'd probably start shopping more elsewhere or on-line and it would keep me out of the store and away from the big impulse buys (eg the IM 25 shallow lagoon I picked up last year when going to purchase a few snails).

Ya I am not gonna pay for a premium member ship just to get the same kinda discounts we've been getting,That's ridiculous why not just call it wat it is paying,full price for fish on,discount just paying in,advance unless its 5 bucks it ain't worth it

I have a number of flower anems, 3 I purchased from ACC, but, last time I went in for a sale on them I had the same thing happen (may have been the same type sale). The nice lookers were $60+. I left without anything and purchased 3 Ultras elsewhere (at $75 for the 3).
Same sometimes happens with the softies, seems the ads often don't match up to the in-store pricing, yet I'll usually pick up a tiny ($10-20) frag or two to grow out so its not a wasted trip then do my big 100+ purchases on line.
Saying that, I do buy some hardware there any they will match prices to an extent (got my last ATO, lighting, mounts, etc...).
I also buy some fish there, I just got a beautiful Black Phantom clown, and I stock up on inverts during their sales.
I do buy most of my corals elsewhere now but will continue shopping there for other things.
The owner is a great guy and he has a few very knowledgable and efficient guys working for him.
May be they're just getting too busy and taking too much on at once?

Also curious on this new membership thing. Seems that everyone is a member until a certain deadline, then to get the member sale prices you have to pay an annual membership fee.
Unsure how thats going to work and last time I asked in store the clerk was unable to give me any details.
That may be a killer for me as I can't see paying a premium membership for a few hundred dollars in purchases over the year. I'd probably start shopping more elsewhere or on-line and it would keep me out of the store and away from the big impulse buys (eg the IM 25 shallow lagoon I picked up last year when going to purchase a few snails).
Also hard to,impulse buy cause I gotta search a sheet of paper for a tank number and,fish name and a,decent price remember all that and find the tank and,hope its there. But that's personally just something I don't like its not bad about the store just my thing

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Is he in quarantine?

Mark? At UC?
Holy carp!
Hope its not too bad Mark! We're pullin' for ya!
Remember, if the docs treat you with copper it has to be in an empty house and you can't touch your family for a month.

Yeah I had the same problem with the ultra rock flower. That’s basically bat and switch. They figure your already there you will just pick up something else. Buy there smaller Frags ( everything grows under the optimal conditions.). There fish [emoji1475]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like ACC, but I am one the has experienced the "walk out" instead of buying several times. I usually spend $200-300 in livestock on a purchase. Even if there is only two customers in the store, you have to jump up and down to get someone to assist. AND I have noticed the cherry picked corals and changing prices for corals not listed in price. You can get two different prices from two different employees.

Not a total deal breaker, but because of it, I visit that store a lot less.

I like ACC, but I am one the has experienced the "walk out" instead of buying several times. I usually spend $200-300 in livestock on a purchase. Even if there is only two customers in the store, you have to jump up and down to get someone to assist. AND I have noticed the cherry picked corals and changing prices for corals not listed in price. You can get two different prices from two different employees.

Not a total deal breaker, but because of it, I visit that store a lot less.
Ya its not a total deal breaker an o have had some good experiences but its the little things like that ... That I think is just crappy customer relations ... The bait and switch if you say all Ultra flowers and them go nope sorry these ultra flowers are nicer so we want to charge more for these that's crappy, giving a reward or prize and,then limiting to the point where it might as well be worthless is crappy, and other things... Am I saying ACC IS BAD.. no absolutely not there are great aspects about the place .. There are just a few things that are extremely disappointing about the place I had actually recomended the place to a friend and they had a bad experience there and I felt bad so unless it's something I really want and,can't find else were I stick to my go to places of ultimate corals and Major league exotics who both have been great

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Aquarium Care Center

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Wow everyone we strive for offering the best at the best prices . When we buy ultra flowers we get different grades of colors . So for example when we buy 100 flowers we have to take some less colorful ones ( although still considered ultras) so rather then selling all flowers at full retail we separate them . We offer extreme ultras the ones you only see here and there for around 79 and then a group at 59 and then often a group at 39. Once we reach a certain level we drop the lower group to 20 to 25 each. As far as our other sales go we alway strive to make them easy to understand but sometimes it does get a bit difficult. Also with our new memberships that we are still working on you would get low prices every day . Far below any dealer we have ever seen offer . Now for the Customer service I would say we have all been shocked by trop closing and our staff has been working hard to meet the demands . Good news we have been increasing staff carefully so we can continue to offer a great experience . If you ever have a single issue at the store please call or email us . One thing I would like to say while I have the floor to everyone who is reading if you have a problem at ACC with customer service , quality or any other issue call us. Email us . One thing that I promise is your issue will be addressed . Please email me directly at john@aquariumcarecenter.com

For each of you that has currently posted in this thread about flower anemones ACC is offering you a pick from a brand new batch of ultra flowers . Buy up to two for only 20.00 each . Keep your eyes out for next shipment which should be next week . Those who had to wait who posted on this thread I am offering you a $20 credit on ANY livestock purchase .
We at ACC care about our members and want you all to feel welcome and excited to come see what we have to offer.

I am responding on my cell so I do apologize if there are typos ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have had similar experiences in the past as well. I try not to frequent the store often unless I am stuck. But since my tank is fairly stocked most likely will not be purchasing live animals for awhile.

Aquarium Care Center

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
I have had similar experiences in the past as well. I try not to frequent the store often unless I am stuck. But since my tank is fairly stocked most likely will not be purchasing live animals for awhile.
Mark,

sorry to hear. Next time you are planning a trip to ACC shoot me an email. Would like to catch up with you in the store and see what we can do. We are working currently on all aspects of our growth issues so they do not filter down to your experience.

radiata

NJRC Member
I'm completely befuddled by ACC's business model. They just put an ad on Craig's List - FRAGS BELOW COST . How can they stay in business selling "frags below cost"? Maybe they're going the way of Trop...

Aquarium Care Center

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
I'm completely befuddled by ACC's business model. They just put an ad on Craig's List - FRAGS BELOW COST . How can they stay in business selling "frags below cost"? Maybe they're going the way of Trop...

No I can assure you we are not going out. We have some great deals on frags which bring the cost down below what we can even buy them for. Always trying to bring the heat at at great prices . Stop by and take a look . We are loading our 10 dollar section with some great buys.

Hope to see you soon

I’ll provide my input as well since I’ve stocked my entire tank(so far) with the exception of my brain coral from ACC. I enjoy going into the store, always get attention if I have questions, get good advice, and believe many of the frags are priced right.

For me, I think the selection of the moderate priced corals is great and look forward to continue to shop there. I tend not to pay much attention to all the sale adds but when I go in the store they always explain the current promotions to me so I can figure out if that is something I am interested in.

Keep up the good work guys.!