• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Computer Screen Shrunk!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know we have members who could help me out. My computer screen shrank and is off to the left….

ComputerScreen.jpg

I already tried going to “Properties,” “Settings,” and sliding the bar all the way to the left. The only thing that did was give me a larger picture within that same smaller framed area.

Oh, and it’s Windows XP

Thanks, Paul

Capture.JPGPaul go to control panel, control panel items, display, screen resolution, and set the to the recommended size. Mine is at 1680x1050.

Tgats what he said he did already. If you can get into the menu of properties on the monitor itself ( like a tv has) you should be able to adjust the picture size through one of the options, where it will have you stretch the picture horizontally then vertically to fit the screen.

If that does not work, you can go to the video card drvier program such as nvidia visionware or whatever they call it or the ati vision control center and make sure that it is upscalling to the monitor size.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Xavier. I'd start by trying to manually adjust the screen size from the monitor's "Menu". It's usually found with buttons near the power button on the monitor.

If that doesn't work, you can play around with the video card settings. They vary depending on the brand of video card your comp has... but to get to the settings for whichever one you have... just right-click on the desktop and then left-click on properties. The display properties window should pop up and you can then click on "Advanced" to get more options specific to your video card.

The problem I see with this is that its a laptop. Its not actually a PC with a monitor Because of this its most likely something with the video card. It doesnt look good to me. See if you can get into the BIOS and let us know if it goes back to full screen or if its the same.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hmm, I think AJ is right. I didn't notice that the first time I looked at the pic (it's soooo dark so hard to tell). If it's a Dell, go to www.dell.com/support and enter your service tag # (found on the bottom I believe). Then search there for solutions and/or download the latest video drivers they have there.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I offered to stop by and give Paul a hand. Now I am having second thoughts since his wife wants to smack me silly from the other post I made about tanks in the trash.
:)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the replies.....I've been extremely busy and haven't had a chance to even look at it.....maybe on Friday I'll try some of the above. Thanks again.