• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CopperBand went to buy one they wouldn't eat

So I got the black worms and I was ready to get another Copperband today and when I got to the LFS they had a few, so I asked if they were eating and the guy tried to feed them... No Luck all 3 didn't even take a bite,,, What's ur experience with feeding these fish as I know they are difficult and that's why I bought the black worms cause from what I read that's what all recommended... LMK.. Thanks

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So I got the black worms and I was ready to get another Copperband today and when I got to the LFS they had a few, so I asked if they were eating and the guy tried to feed them... No Luck all 3 didn't even take a bite,,, What's ur experience with feeding these fish as I know they are difficult and that's why I bought the black worms cause from what I read that's what all recommended... LMK.. Thanks

If they are not eating at your LFS then I wouldn't risk getting one. I only had one copperband and he only lasted a month. Now I really think it had more to do with me being stumborn and trying to keep him in a 36g tank.

That's why I ask them to feed him, the last one I got lasted 8 days and stopped eating after the 2nd day,, I was hoping to get another but didn't...... Might stop back tomorrow to see if they can get them to eat...

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have mine for a year and half now and I mail ordered it online. Ate from day one and really fattened up with feeds of blackworms. I just got lucky. Many people bought ones eating in store but stopped eating at home. So I think the extra transfer may have done them in. But since I only have one so sample size is small. If I would to get a new one I would order it online and have a tank full of feather dusters ready for it. I read live blackworms are also good but they have not made a difference to me. And also this is a very active fish so 4ft tank is the minimum.

I got mine from acc he was eating in the store. When I got him home it took a few days for him to start eating and for the first 6mnths the only thing he would touch was the black worms, going on a year plus now and he eats anything I put in the tank..