• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diving Back in -- with a Fluval EVO and Red Sea Reefer

Been away from this hobby for about 5 years now but I've recently retired and my wife wants me to do something with my spare time.

Purchased a Fluval EVO 13.5 about 5 weeks ago and the Red Sea E-170 Series last week. Both wet now with the Fluval getting some newly added livestock (astrea, narissius, emerald crab and a couple of clowns hitting the water 2 days ago). Also a few easy corals -- frags of GSP, Duncan and a frogspawn. Fluval is pretty much stock with a Hydor nano pump added for some circulation.

RSM 170 will be the display tank once the cycle is done. Just live rock and Arag-alive sand until she's ready for some more. Gotta say I'm impressed with the live rock I received from ARCreef.com in Miami, FL. Nice looking stuff! Plenty of life and a great assortment for the 30 lbs. I ordered. Recommended!

I'll be checking back in here for sure and will probably join this group as it seems to be a good local source of information sharing and knowledge. Happy to be onboard with you all (I'm in Pt.Pleasant).

Alan

P.S. Tried uploading some images. Hopefully they'll make it thru.

DSC02775.jpg DSC02771.jpg DSC02772.jpg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
@Ajaykay both tanks look great. Welcome back and welcome to the club. Your images are there no problem. At anytime you are unsure how to do something please check out our FAQ section (which is always growing) or ask a member.

I'm near LBI so we are not too far away from each other.