• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DSA 135....

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Art, go as big as you can. Air is like water in a pipe, where friction is the big killer of flow. The bigger the pipe/tubing, the "easier" the air will get to were it needs to go. Distance is another factor as well, so keep it as short as you can. Good find! I like hearing about solutions! :applause:

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, opening the volute seemed to help a bit, then it seemed to do nothing after a few turns, and it was right at the top, borderline where the head was starting, so i popped the intake pipe that leads outside and water went straight down, now the output pipe is sitting at about 25% closed and all is happy, accept for my ph, lol. I think the pipe i had was borderline on air flow, if i open it up a few more millimeters it should be perfect.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
here's hoping i can get the growth in the tank back on track as well as get this green nightmare under control. I've debated shutting down the tank for two months and nuking it, but i keep going back to how much i've put into it and don't really want to give in yet. I'm just waiting to get to the point where i can enjoy the tank for a bit.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
this is also one of the quietest skimmers i've ever owned, i've had the hob reef octo as well as another one i can't remember the name to, and the last reef octo in my sump, but you could always hear the bubbling sound from the pump, this thing is dead silent, no bubbling noise, no pump noise, all i hear is the small trickle of water in the sump from the fuge compartment to the return area.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, now i'm a bit confused, the tank is by no means taking off yet, i've found my alk low the other day, around 6, raised it up to 8, and started dosing kalk again, roughly .2dkh worth a day. I have 4 small acro frags and one 4 inch colony, the rest are lps. After three days, my tank is back down to 7dkh, so it's draining roughly .5dkh a day, that just seems excessive to me given the occupants. Guess i'll have to do some more testing but if thats the case, i'm going to have to hook the soda ash and calcium back up and start dosing that again.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No more bryopsis! For the first time I can sit back and actually enjoy my tank. By far one of the best highlights of my reefing career so far.

IMG_2281.JPG

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
roughly 2.5 years, lol. I've had it ever since my 90g was set up over 2 years ago.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks, my clown is pissed off though, the bryopsis was hosting him, lol. He won't go near my nem still.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The blue star didn't make it. that scallop is doing well though, hiding under a rock with a rock anemone attached to him, i don't know why the nem is still on him, he gets no light.