• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DSA 135....

horseplay

NJRC Member
I meant you need to frame the opening like you would a window.

framed_window-IS.jpg

I see what you're saying about the leak I suspect mine leaks too albeit very slow. These are not supposed to be water tight but I never worried too much about it. Only when there's an outage for a long time the overflow box might be drained.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pump and skimmer are running, everything looks to be ok at this point.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I meant you need to frame the opening like you would a window.

framed_window-IS.jpg

Before you fill the tank, you should have similar framing like the pic above. If there's living space above this room, you must have framing like this. If not, any vibrations will cause wall to loosen and maybe drop junk in your tank.
Everything else looks great.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's already filled, I secured everything up top with screws though, along with the pieces in between the studs to hold it all together, the framing would have been better but it didn't dawn on me while doing it. I'll keep an eye on it but at this point I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking good man! I would look into making the dursos taller. With them so low the sound of the Water falling into the overflow make be a bit loud.

You were right on this one, i've lengthened the piping and its dead quiet now. Depending how things go today i may be moving the livestock over.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Slightly nervous, but I did dump some bacteria in there, just have to keep an eye on it now, but everything seems to be taking the move ok. There isn't any new bioload, and there shouldn't be any die off from the new rock so I think everything should be just fine.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good man! Glad raising the dursos helped! Did you get the tank framed yet?

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just have to put the framing on the outside and it's good. Then it's cleanup time, I also have to try and find as many snails as I can from the old tank still.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And now it's finally done, framed like you would a painting on the wall, wife likes it, that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Two new additions, powder brown tang and flasher wrasse. Should be easy to spot.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks guys, appreciate it! My wife actually said I did a really good job and surprised her. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not though...

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I like the fact that you supplemented flow with a miniature ceiling fan.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I like the fact that you supplemented flow with a miniature ceiling fan.

I was going for wider flow and it helps keep it even, i think the warm white light was a good choice for supplemental lighting as well.