• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DTC Build - Ruth Lewis

I am planning to join the challenge but im getting a small tank friday..im planning on a 2 gallon either betta tank or a drink dispenser....ill probably be doing zoas, shrooms, and one centrepiece dont know which one yet. A tuna light and a pump.will fill you in as i go.

So im returning this because i dont like the waves in the glass...plus i just received this dragon thingy which has a fogger in the bowl...so i may get a 1 gallon fishbowl and rig it ontop of the bowl somehow...so i can have the fogger work around my tank...it may or may not work20171006_183004.jpg 15073292183641678427962.jpg 20171006_183004.jpg 15073292183641678427962.jpg 20171006_183004.jpg 15073292183641678427962.jpg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I want that stand! Would be great to hide the air pump under.

I want that stand! Would be great to hide the air pump under.
I know, i take forever to pick the perfect "anything" and i was looking for the right tank, my neighbor came over and said here i know you like this stuff...and it has a fogger. But he didnt have the fogger thingy. So i wanted to buy one because in my head it went... Poof! If i can get a small round grill grate..and fill the bottom up and put the fogger w color changing....then set a regular thick fishbowl....hmmmm....all green zoas maybe a frogspawn...etc..i can have my own witches cauldren! Lol

I spent so much time looking for a dispenser tank. The clearest glass one I found was at Target. It also looked like it had a decent spigot. Unfortunately, by then I already purchased my tank. It looks like you had a few dispensers outside that didn't make the cut either.

I spent so much time looking for a dispenser tank. The clearest glass one I found was at Target. It also looked like it had a decent spigot. Unfortunately, by then I already purchased my tank. It looks like you had a few dispensers outside that didn't make the cut either.
Yes the one i bought from my job the spigot was cheaply made...but i hope its not too late to still join...but if im gonna do this i want to make it cool and easy to maintain...even with a regular bowl i can cup out my water changes or get a mini vaccuum

Yay im getting there.. received my fogger today, which has nothing to do with the tank only looks cool...got my live rock in, just waiting for a light and pump, i may use my old pump for right now. Oh and a heater....but heres what it looks like so far20171010_185457.jpg

Double spigot and wide top. I like this build so far. The 2 biggest problems I have had so far are spilling the water when I put my hand in and reaching to bottom to place corals. Cool location.

So im at a pause with the pico, waiting to get a light still confused of which light to get, i want it to shimmer, grow, and have more then 2 functions. And if 30 par is good...