• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Feeding tang nori?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Who knows. I did say Nori or dried seaweed to make Sushi. Either way the stores are close but that Amazon deal posted is good. I paid $4 for 5 sheets. Amazon price is double and you get 10x more sheets.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Here is what I do. I purchase nori from my local oriental market....H-mart in Edison is a great store. I then cut the full sheets into quarters and put into sandwich bags. When I'm ready to feed, I'll take two of these sheets and first fold them in half and cut:

IMG_2361.jpg

I will fold this again in half, and cut again:

IMG_2363.jpg

Clip it into the algae clip….and here is where things change….start cutting the algae ca 1/16 to 1/8 strips all the way across:

IMG_2365.jpg

So when you get done you have 10 to 12 cuts on the algae, making multiple small strips:

IMG_2367.jpg

So now when they attack the algae, they only get a mouth size bit instead of ripping the whole piece of algae off the clip.

Did this tonight fish seem to like it so far. Thanks for sharing

Warning on the gourmet grazer & IM magnets: I had both the grazer & the frozen food feeder magents come out of the tank side plastic & start rusting. the defroster within a few months & the grazer after about 6. so just a heads up. I bought them at different times, or else I would have figured same bad magnet batch.

Last edited: