• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Finally Got Lights

I have recently set up 2 Orbit Marine LED bars on my 70 Gallon tank. The tank has been set up for a year an a half, with 4 fish and assorted clean up crew. Im not looking to get into the coral world, and one have any suggestions on where to start? or maybe a cheap frag for me to get started with. I like the look of soft corals that move in the flow. I do like pulsing Xenia also, I am thinking about setting up an island rock in the corner of the tank.

Another question, what settings should i have my LED's set for? Like percentage, time on, moonlight time, ramp period? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have recently set up 2 Orbit Marine LED bars on my 70 Gallon tank. The tank has been set up for a year an a half, with 4 fish and assorted clean up crew. Im not looking to get into the coral world, and one have any suggestions on where to start? or maybe a cheap frag for me to get started with. I like the look of soft corals that move in the flow. I do like pulsing Xenia also, I am thinking about setting up an island rock in the corner of the tank.

Another question, what settings should i have my LED's set for? Like percentage, time on, moonlight time, ramp period? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I don't have those lights so not sure about intensity. Everybodys timing is different and I would reccomend you run it based on when you can enjoy it. Just try and get 8-12 hours a day. Ramp up/down 30 minutes. Moonlight until you go to bed, or later if you want. Personally I don't use moonlights because my tank is at the foot of my bed and I couldn't sleep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If you go with softies, you won't need intense lighting on your tank. To start, I'd go as low as maybe 30-40% intensity at most. Moonlight IMO isn't necessary with leds as I'm assuming they have the blue spectrum incorporated in that fixture. But if so, just run it opposite your tank lights.

Ramp is nice but optional as well imo. I just started to ramp but hadn't for years. ....currently I have a Kessil a360 on my aio unit

I'd Like to try out a hardy coral in my tank before I buy anything, anyone local have a hardy frag they'd be willing part with?

Where are you located? I can hook you up with a couple easy and pretty corals if you are nearby

Edit: I see you're in Brick, I'm in Tinton Falls. If you can pick up I'm willing to give you some hardy and pretty frags :)