• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish Help Please!

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
they should be fine (im assuming that a few could be chopped up) but they will be mass producing....

JMO

I'm going to start the hatching and growing process today.

Anyone know exactly what makes it so hard to feed the mandarin ? The videos I see of them feeding make it look really easy.

Also it seems from what I see that hatching thousands of brine shrimp just take 24 hours and then 2-3 weeks to grow them to the adult stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
it's not that its hard to feed them, it's hard to keep up their food supply

I dunno - it's a 40 gallon tank. How far do you want to go just for one fish in the tank? Also it is hard to feed them because you have OTHER fish in the tank that will consume the food before they get to it.

If you build this food thing Paul B made - then maybe it will work:
They all love the feeder - Reef Central Online Community

I've raised bbb for fish fry before and its time consuming. The average fish keeper has a job, family, etc so it's not the easiest thing although on youtube everything looks easy ha ha ha!
Good luck!

forgot to add -hawkfish are neat but love to eat motile inverts (e.g. shrimp) - so be warned.