• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Flow - Gyre

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
A video of the flow with tge Gyre i purchased from Mike. It's on the lowest setting, think. Is there enough water movement?
I just cleaned the side glass which is why you see all that crap.

Can't upload video. Any reasons why?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
not sure why, but i have a love hate relation ship with my gyre. When its working its great, but when its in need or repair, its a nightmare to piece back together

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
not sure why, but i have a love hate relation ship with my gyre. When its working its great, but when its in need or repair, its a nightmare to piece back together

Mike told me that its a PITA at first but once you do it should be no problem.

The file is to big so will take a smaller videos and post later.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Not sure why you can't upload a video. Have you done it before? I see option to link to videos like youtube and what not. Just not an option to upload one (which I am still looking into)

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Mike told me that its a PITA at first but once you do it should be no problem.

The file is to big so will take a smaller videos and post later.
for long term success with this pump, i have been changing out all bearings, and gaskets every 6 months....i still have one of the original 130 gyres

Are you ordering them through maxspect or do you have a secret spot? Mark I think you should be fine at 2 or 3 for speed I thought plus mode was cool and keeping it in the top 3 inches gave the best "gyre"

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
RBTA's retracted immediately cause the flow was high. Knocked over my Candy canes and hammer. I moved it to speed 5 after feeding today and will see how things react.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Have not figured that out yet. When I turn the dial the light goes to 2 or 5. So I put it at 2 which I had initially.