• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Freshoffthegrill's 120G Reef Tank

Have you used an algae scrubber before? Always thought these looked interesting for managing nutrient load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you used an algae scrubber before? Always thought these looked interesting for managing nutrient load.

I had a small one in my 54G and I liked it before I had to break the system down. Running a scrubber on this system will be new territory for me. I like the idea of managing algae and nutrients naturally and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had a small one in my 54G and I liked it before I had to break the system down. Running a scrubber on this system will be new territory for me. I like the idea of managing algae and nutrients naturally and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Look forward to seeing how it works out

Considering my last reef tank only had three fish, two clownfish and an aggressive pseudochromis I am not set on a stocking list. I know I want some clowns to host in an anemone and a yellow tang, after that I am uncommitted. Suggestions?

Looks great. I've only had one anemone which was a bubble tip. I was easy to care for and the clowns did host in it. I would have to hand feed it to make sure it had enough nutrients. Bits of shrimp etc.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I have a green bubble tip nem and a rainbow nem. I also have 1 clown fish (had two but one passed) and 1 tomoato clown. My false clowns didn't take to my nems at all so I got the tomoato clown which took right away to the green. He now lives in both nems. I also don't spot feed my nems cause the tomoato takes food to them (they also catch food as it goes by)

I also have a yellow tang and a powered brown. I would suggest looking at a flame angel as well. They are hit or miss with sps. I been lucky so far and my flame doesn't nip at any of my corals

I have a green bubble tip nem and a rainbow nem. I also have 1 clown fish (had two but one passed) and 1 tomoato clown. My false clowns didn't take to my nems at all so I got the tomoato clown which took right away to the green. He now lives in both nems. I also don't spot feed my nems cause the tomoato takes food to them (they also catch food as it goes by)

I also have a yellow tang and a powered brown. I would suggest looking at a flame angel as well. They are hit or miss with sps. I been lucky so far and my flame doesn't nip at any of my corals

I want to have SPS in the tank eventually so I am wary of any fish that might be a problem. The clowns i had in the old 54G hosted in some GSP and a torch I had, would be neat to have them host in an actual anemone.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ouch! Four clowns in the same tank. Are they from the same brood? If not, once they pair off and one (or more) goes female, you'll have World War III on your hands. Good luck.

Fwiw. I tried this. It wasn't as quick as you might think...but nonetheless...now I have two[emoji6]

Fwiw. I tried this. It wasn't as quick as you might think...but nonetheless...now I have two[emoji6]

Damn, looks like I messed that one up. Hope is not a strategy, but at this point they are in the tank. Let's Goooooooo!