• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Freshoffthegrill's 120G Reef Tank

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
mines is a drop ATS....my live stock is now down to just 4 fish so i think i can....i guess im still under the mindset that skimmers are required

mines is a drop ATS....my live stock is now down to just 4 fish so i think i can....i guess im still under the mindset that skimmers are required
How does the drop ATS control your phosphate and nitrates? Average test readings? I tried to run one my old 54 corner, but found it had a definite upper limit due to the small volume of water that entered the growth chamber.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
How does the drop ATS control your phosphate and nitrates? Average test readings? I tried to run one my old 54 corner, but found it had a definite upper limit due to the small volume of water that entered the growth chamber.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
to be honest, i haven't tested for N's n P's but it does produce some nice green GHA that i can harvest out frequently

I started to dose a small amount of trace elements into the tank. So far so good, two of the montiporas that were fading in color have gained it back and are growing again. Without large WCs I needed to replace the elements consumed by the corals and ATS.

A few photos of the tank with the blues on.
060507d8d68332fc9d36530d23e30e15.jpg
7f1415ddc4fd14e3dbf24e19adeeba81.jpg
997719ccd9a55d8f0a0f4eb145a2c452.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am in love with your acan and zoas! Just beautiful

Thanks! The acans did not grow for the majority of time that they were in the tank. I started feeding them more and they have really puffed up. Multiple heads developing now.

The zoas are a real success in the tank, I lost another colony not sure why. The colony has started to grow on adjacent rocks and glass.