• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frogspawn skeleton grow back?

499F62A6-1F9A-4A11-A59A-6BA8B89671BE.jpeg Found out the hard way of keeping emerald crabs needing supplement feeding or opportunistic eating of my frogspawn. Will it grow back the damage is extensive but the heads still open and close everyday.

Option one is to move it to my 20g. My only concern is the potential of introducing bubble algae to that tank as I’m keeping equipment separate.

Option two is just spot feeding the crab to keep it happy. So far I’m doing option two.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
They are scavengers typically, and more than likely will starve out and die without a food source.

I asked about the feeding because I'm thinking the crab was looking for food rather than eating the coral.

My crab tends to go inside my leathers to hang out but I've never seen them eating it.

I know decorator crabs can Frag corals to place the pieces on their backs n what not

It should grow back if the coral is left alone, could you move the crab?