• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Goniopora

erics210

NJRC Member
I have a pink Goniopora that I have had for a year and a half. Initially I had some receeding but since then I have actually had not only polyp multiplication but I can clearly see the flower pot base has grown. I picked up a smaller(mini) neon green goniopora and placed it in a similar spot. Only getting the receeding. Anyone have experience with Goniopora? Any suggestions? They are placed lower, wedged into some rockwork so I don't get them knocked over or sand in them.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a Red Daisy that I purchased from Ultimate Coral last summer. The green ones seem harder to keep alive. They can be difficult to grow. Try giving it some iodine supplements. Do you have it in a low flow area? Are you getting a feeding response?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a Red Daisy that I purchased from Ultimate Coral last summer. The green ones seem harder to keep alive. They can be difficult to grow. Try giving it some iodine supplements. Do you have it in a low flow area? Are you getting a feeding response?

Agree. I also heard the green are harder to keep. Mint green did well for 6 months and then died. No longer but them.

erics210

NJRC Member
I have them in a cross flow area. Obviously not changing the pink location as it feeds well with coral candy or other and is getting growth. S[ril will be two years with the pink.

May try putting the green in a calmer area next. see how it responds.