• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Great Adventure Walk for Ronald McDonald House Sunday June 11, 2017

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Click here to support #TeamJosh90 by Ed Wilkinson
NJReefers have been a great supporter if this event over that past 3 years. I thank you all very much.
We are at it again for the 4th year. Let's see some reefers at Six Flags.

As many of you know when our five and half year old son Josh was born we ended up spending three months in the hospital. While Josh was in the hospital we lived at the Ronald McDonald House in New Brunswick. Many people think this place is funded totally by McDonalds but they only give a very small percentage of the money it takes to run the houses. We have been volunteering at RMH since all this happened and currently sit on the Board for the Organization. We invite you all to a walk at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ for Ronald McDonald House of Central & Northern New Jersey Sunday June 11, 2017. Registration begins at 8:00 A.M. and the one-mile walk will start at 9:00 A.M. Walkers 18 and under raise $50 minimum Walkers 19 or older raise $75 minimum. Please bring your friends\family and share on your Facebook and Twitter pages. All registered walkers gain free early admission & parking to Great Adventure the day of the event! Normally $42 plus $22 for parking. So basically you pay for a day at Great Adventure support a great cause and get a T-Shirt. If your unable to attend and would like to donate or sponsor another walker please do so here.

Thanks for the Support, The Wilkinson Family.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Hi Ed,
Would love to do this this year. How do we raise the money? Is there a form to download so I can collect from fellow employees and family members?
Mark

The website handles everything click join the team and then you will have a place you can share with your friends and family. Social media is a great way to spread the word and raise funds. Let me know if you need a hand.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ed, thats the problem.
I'm a rarity on Facebook, and a number of folks I'm on with haven't heard from me in years, as I usually check in once every 6 months.
I feel its a bit arrogant to, out of the blue, have a message pop up asking them to sponser me for an event.

What I am happy with is some sort of downloadable form. Something I can bring into work and pass to my co workers, clients, etc.
Then I can be pretty assured to get some decent backing from a number of people I know and am in personal contact with.

If I drop a facebook link, a number of folks will have the thought of, 'Wow! Havent heard from him in months and now he's requesting money'.
If I have a sign up sheet to carry to work I can probably raise a few hundred dollars in an afternoon, via cash on the spot, check, etc...

Please let me know if there is some kind of link where I can do this.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Ed, thats the problem.
I'm a rarity on Facebook, and a number of folks I'm on with haven't heard from me in years, as I usually check in once every 6 months.
I feel its a bit arrogant to, out of the blue, have a message pop up asking them to sponser me for an event.

What I am happy with is some sort of downloadable form. Something I can bring into work and pass to my co workers, clients, etc.
Then I can be pretty assured to get some decent backing from a number of people I know and am in personal contact with.

If I drop a facebook link, a number of folks will have the thought of, 'Wow! Havent heard from him in months and now he's requesting money'.
If I have a sign up sheet to carry to work I can probably raise a few hundred dollars in an afternoon, via cash on the spot, check, etc...

Please let me know if there is some kind of link where I can do this.

Ok I got it. let me reach out to RMH I'm sure they can help. Will get back to you ASAP.