• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Icecap Battery Backup issues

I recently purchased an Icecap Battery Backup from Marine Depot.

I followed the directions and connected it to my jebao DCT 12000. I let the battery charge for 48 hours. I wanted to test the battery backup before I go away for the weekend.
I turned off the power to the outlet on my apex and the return doesn't kick on.
I left the power on the apex and unplugged the pump directly, it still does not turn on. The controller just flashes repeatedly.

I plugged the backup into my gyre and tested it, that it works fine with. Although the gyre controller flashes red and blue alternating.

Any ideas? I'd like to have it run my return since i have a remote fuge packed full of live rock and this would circulate water to the display + fuge and through the sump.

Thanks

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hold on one moment. Doesn't the Jebao pump run off of 120 volts AC.....that is then converted to DC within the unit. AND, isn't the IceCap battery backup a 12 volt DC power supply. I think we have a problem of adding apples and oranges, and coming up with squat!

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's a dc pump, I guess it depends on where the inverter is. With power heads it's usually in the supply, which the battery takes the place of, not sure with the pump.

Hold on one moment. Doesn't the Jebao pump run off of 120 volts AC.....that is then converted to DC within the unit. AND, isn't the IceCap battery backup a 12 volt DC power supply. I think we have a problem of adding apples and oranges, and coming up with squat!

According to my google skills it looks like the DCT12000 is DC24V 5A 100W. darn it