• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's FIFTY7 EDGE

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
iTzJu's FIFTY7 EDGE

well.. not much to say here
I wanted to start something a few years ago but eventually left the hobby for a short while and i'm back.

EQUIPMENT

Deep Blue Rimless Reef Ready 57 Gallon Edge 36x18x20 (Modified)
Glass Holes 700GPH Overflow
Ecotech Vortech MP40w
Trigger Systems CRY30S Sump
Reef Octopus NWB-150 Skimmer
Jebao DCT 6000
AquaMaxx Star-S-1 Calcium Reactor
Jebao DP-4 Doser
Neptune Apex Controller
MarsAqua 300w LED Fixture
Retro Fit T5 HEP Ballast
Giesemann Reflectors

On Hand, Yet To Be Used
ATI Sunpower 6x39w
Deep Blue 15 Gallon Rimless Frag Tank
Ecotech Vortech MP10
Kessil A360WE
Kaotic Acryic Custom Frag Rack

PHOTOS

a260a0dd-15f1-4fb2-ba8c-e2a194e30304.jpg
8fa615b8-ed6d-4597-8f20-7eb14378c883.jpg
2f4712a8-dea7-4146-9046-46b867918dc4.jpg

LOG
04/01/2016 - Quick Update on the CP40 - this thing makes ton of flow - I had to take it off till I get the frag tank plumbed in because it is just blowing my smaller frags around the tank. I tried to dial it to a lower setting but it was still pushing serious water. This thing is extremely quiet as well, well at least against my MP40 - but I've been planning on changing a bearing on that soon.

03/31/2016 - look what came in today!

5cb3003c-e5b3-4c83-9a7e-d82f24be8457.jpg

excited to get this in the tank, currently in vinegar bath. so far it looks well built.

BONUS!

20160331_180310-01.jpeg
20160331_180721-01.jpeg
20160331_180904-01.jpeg

Just some photos, i took with my G4 under Manual Mode, still need to get the DSLR out but enjoy, it's my Jersey Bounce, Welso, and Rainbow Speckled Scoly - Windex Filter is real*​

03/23/2016 -
I wanted toget a build thread going - I still have a bunch of things to do like plumb in the frag tank next to it and get the wiring in order but she's 80% complete.

I started out by taking out that god awful factory overflow and just drilled the tank to accommodate the glass holes overflow. I also had a MarsAqua fixture from the past and decided to just modifiy that to be Apex friendly and throw in some T5 to supplement. Ultimately, I would like to NanoBox my ATI Fixture, till then though I think my custom floating canopy will work. lol

I'm also excited to see how the calcium reactor will do as this will be my first time using one - with the doser, I plan to dose AcroPower, NOPOX, and MB7

I moved a few things already - still have lots of things to move from my old tank. I plan to keep this thread updated as much as I can. I really gotta get my DSLR out.​

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Wow, you did not mess around with the equipment. Looking forward to following this and welcome back. Great tank size.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks awesome!!! Great job with the plumbing, I really like the colored pvc

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Wow, you did not mess around with the equipment. Looking forward to following this and welcome back. Great tank size.

yeah, I was "out" of the hobby but was picking things up here and there in preparation when i was ready and I also had equipment from previous tanks. i'm glad to be back. NJRC has been pretty quiet lately though.

Looks awesome!!! Great job with the plumbing, I really like the colored pvc

thanks, yeah wanted to try out the colored PVC this time around since my stand isn't covered, I like seeing my equipment instead of just hiding it - i mean, we pay so much for certain things just to hide them in the stand. I like the look and the tank is in my office is the basement so it doesn't bother anything.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looking good! I like the floating canopy. Have you had any issues with carpet surfers?

not yet, tank is still fish-less but I do have Powder Brown and a Melanarus in QT at the moment but i just ordered mesh netting and screen frame to make a lid. I have an order for some Bartlett Anthias, a Velvet Wrasse, and a Girdled Fairy Wrasse but waiting to see if the order actually pulls through. Was gonna order a pair of Gold Rhomboids but didn't want to risk loosing it during QT.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Nice to see you back. Like the setup, good idea with calcium reactor. I hated dosing two part.

Thanks Pete! goal is to make this tank an SPS haven like your previous tank. Do you have any plans to set on up soon? I know last time we spoke you were planning on moving and breaking down.

Nice set up. Looking forward to seeing this one grow.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks! appreciate the deal on the sump! :)

Well I moved last July. Old house should close on 4/15. All my stuff is in dry dock down in basement. No real plans right now. Talk to me at the end of the year.lol

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Well I moved last July. Old house should close on 4/15. All my stuff is in dry dock down in basement. No real plans right now. Talk to me at the end of the year.lol

haha, well hopefully my tank is well established by then and I have some colonies ready to frag. when you setup again get in touch and ill throw frags down your way.

The fish and inverts I got from you are still going strong...

Was this towards me or Pete? haha i don't remember selling any fish or inverts.

haha, well hopefully my tank is well established by then and I have some colonies ready to frag. when you setup again get in touch and ill throw frags down your way.

Was this towards me or Pete? haha i don't remember selling any fish or inverts.
You I believe..you were in Marlboro breaking down a tank a couple of years ago.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
You I believe..you were in Marlboro breaking down a tank a couple of years ago.

wrong guy! haha all good, i was just confused lol - anyway glad the fish and inverts you got from that person are doing well.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ordered 50pcs of Epistar 3w 410-415 nm & 420-425nm LEDs to replace some leds on the MarsAqua - should help a bit with the overall spectrum and I can get rid of those red and green LEDs

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Has anyone tried ME Corals Polyp Extender Aminos? I'm hearing good things about it - better than Acropower apparently.

I ordered an 8oz bottle to try it out.

me-amino-polyp-8oz.jpg