• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January 2017 Meeting!!!

January 2017 Meeting!!!
Posted by kschweer
Marks Home
Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
This months netting will be at the home of Mark @MadReefer

A little about Mark:

As long as I can remember my dad and I always had fresh water tanks. We had four going most times from 10g to 29g. They were your basic fish mollies, guppies, gouramis and angels. The mollies and guppies bred like rabbits and even cross bred. I would catch a few and sell them to a LFS for arcade money. I remember going with him to the pet store to purchase, fish, food, and other supplies; there I was always looking at the saltwater fish asking if we could setup a tank. The reply was always ‘no’ they are too hard to care for. So through the years I kept a fresh water tank on and off, mostly on. One day I traded in all my African Rift lake cichlids for credit to setup my first salt water tank, a 33g flat back hex. No corals just fish and one anemone. Eventually, I upgraded to a 55g and then a 75g. In 2012 I decided to upgrade to 120g and moved everything in the 75g to a 46g and sold the 75g. Unfortunately, like many others Sandy hit and I lost everything. I ended up selling the 120g but held onto the 46g. Fast forward to 2015 and I setup the 46g then ended up upgrading to my current 72g.

Current setup:

72g bow front

Two LED full spectrum lighting 180w each

Reef Octopus HOB skimmer

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I would love to be able to make it but my kid has a birthday party during this time. Make sure you guys take pictures.

I will mosey on over as soon as I can get done here (a.k.a. fashionably late). :pirate:
Is there anything you would like me to bring in the way of food or drink as a sacrificial offering to your mad reef? Some chocolate covered krill, perhaps?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Guys sorry again I can't make it. I hope it's a great meeting. I created the picture thread so if anyone take pictures please upload them here (they will display on the main page down in the slide show as well)

January 2017 Meeting

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Cancel me. Just got back from pediatrician post a night of much vomit.
Both kids have a 'highly contagious' stomach virus.
Meaning I'm probably brewing it and don't want to share it with you guys/gals.