• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jimroth's Big Ol' Tank

Well, It's been about ten years with the big reef and I think it's time to take a break. Haven't been able to get new coral to grow in quite a while, and not enjoying the maintenance. Shut it down, spend some time re-plumbing the system and making some modifications. Start over in the Fall, maybe, with a fresh batch of live rock.
Not sure about the timing, but soon.

Jim,
If they're big enough, I'll take a piece of each of the corals. I think I finally have my tank in order. Apparently my tank still had issues the last time I was there. Hopefully I can be your insurance policy once again.
Eric

Jim,
If they're big enough, I'll take a piece of each of the corals. I think I finally have my tank in order. Apparently my tank still had issues the last time I was there. Hopefully I can be your insurance policy once again.
Eric

Sorry you're braking down Jim, good to see you're still around Eric, I have some of the pieces you've gave me, I'll send you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, It's been about ten years with the big reef and I think it's time to take a break. Haven't been able to get new coral to grow in quite a while, and not enjoying the maintenance. Shut it down, spend some time re-plumbing the system and making some modifications. Start over in the Fall, maybe, with a fresh batch of live rock.
Not sure about the timing, but soon.
Jim,

I have a 90G that only has a few inverts in it. I'm willing to temporarily house your fish 'til you've rebuilt. Could possibly do the same for corals.

Bob

PS: I've got 2 cigars for you.
BOB--
That is a terrific offer and I would like to take you up on it! I don't know if everybody will fit in the 90, but maybe some of my faves (Navarchus/3 Tangs/Harlequin Tusk/Foxface).
I will be in touch.

Jim,
Eric
Eric--
That is a great idea. I can break off the largest sections of the pink lem and red planet and hand them off to you. That would be fine. There's some Sunset monti too, seems hard to kill.

radiata

NJRC Member
BOB--
That is a terrific offer and I would like to take you up on it! I don't know if everybody will fit in the 90, but maybe some of my faves (Navarchus/3 Tangs/Harlequin Tusk/Foxface).
I will be in touch.

The 90 is currently attached to a 65 with a half dozen orphaned (smaller) fish from other people, so the 90's size really shouldn't be a limiting factor.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Im in Brick. Have a 25 shllow with a ton of space (growing out zoa frags for a zoa specific tank). Stable parameters. AI HD lighting. Red Sea Reef Pro salt at 1.025.
If you need some temp storage, happy to lend the space. Note I am not dosing. Doing a 10-20% change 1x week.
No SPS in there but sure would do fine for short term storage (last tank was sps heavy). Zoas, palys, lps, shrooms, are lovin it.
Happy to drive a little bit to meet up. If you meed the space I have plenty.
Cant guarantee long term SPS in here, but its a softie haven and LPS should hold up as well.

Mark

P.S. Full disclosure,treated with Chempure for start ofa bit of red slime. All good over past 2 weeks. tank is in great shape.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Jim we have the 4 foot frag tank we can host some fish in and even our 60g refugium is a good place for some fish. Let us know if you need some temporary housing.

Fish List:
Large Navarchus.
Large Clarkii Clown with 2 GBTs
Pair Flame Angels
Kole Tang, Medium
Powder Blue Tang Medium
Purple Tang Medium
Harlequin Tusk
Banggai Cardinal
Copperband
Large Emperator with HLLE (Probably gonna euthanize him, he's hideous...)
Squampi Anthias Group, 3 F, 1.5 M
Large One-spot Foxface

I guess it's not THAT many fish.