• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your dosage amount? Do you mix the 2? I was thinking of doing vodka and vinegar
Marcus I dose separately, Vodka 1ml every morning and 5 to 10ml of NO3 solution every 3 to 4 days.
10ml of the NO3 solution brings the nitrate 5 to around 8ppm if it is at or close to 0ppm.
I run my protein skimmer 24/7 and I don't have gfo, activated carbon or anything else running.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anything is worth a shot really, i cleaned out all the crud building at the bottom of my overflow and put a small pump down there so it can't collect, and i also went into my sump and cleaned that out, hoping that helps.

Anything is worth a shot really, i cleaned out all the crud building at the bottom of my overflow and put a small pump down there so it can't collect, and i also went into my sump and cleaned that out, hoping that helps.
I know, I was cleaning my sand bed weekly with the WC to get rid any detritus but I stop doing it, I also totally cleaned my sump when I got rid of the macro algae.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't mess with my sand, but i had a thick amount of crud in the tank, i also pulled the tiny rocks in my sump as they were just giving the crud a place to collect.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Thanks Joe, I do have a 2 bulbs T5 retrofit but stopped using it cause I did not see any difference. I had it with 2 ATI Blue+ bulbs.
By the way Joe, I'm going to need another piece of your SSC and the Sunset Millie.

I am thinking about doing the same for my nem tank with retro t5 + two mars aqua LED. The reason I have not done it is because I think two bulbs retrofit is not strong enough, which seems to be the case for you. But the cost of buying 2 sets of retrofit kits is close to getting a decent used ATI T5 fixture.

Maybe you can try one coral+ and one blue+ to see if it makes any difference for you.

My current lighting for the nem tank is an ancient 6-bulb t5 fixture. One coral+ and 5 blue+ (bulbs are 2+ years old) and the color is fantastic. But the fixture is definitely near the end of it's life.

I am thinking about doing the same for my nem tank with retro t5 + two mars aqua LED. The reason I have not done it is because I think two bulbs retrofit is not strong enough, which seems to be the case for you. But the cost of buying 2 sets of retrofit kits is close to getting a decent used ATI T5 fixture.

Maybe you can try one coral+ and one blue+ to see if it makes any difference for you.

My current lighting for the nem tank is an ancient 6-bulb t5 fixture. One coral+ and 5 blue+ (bulbs are 2+ years old) and the color is fantastic. But the fixture is definitely near the end of it's life.
I was thinking of changing one blue+ for a Coral+ like you just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.