• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July 2017 Meeting (Mark_C Home)

July 2017 Meeting (Mark_C Home)
Mark_C Home
Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A huge thank you to Mark and your wife for opening your home to all of us crazy reefers. It was an awesome meeting with great food and fish talk with everyone!! It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones!!! I really can't say thank you enough for the meeting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Anyone know the name to the sps frags that was handed out at the end?
Green SPSaporia Thing

Er... wait a minute. I just turned to look at it under the blues and its a pale yellow with blue polyps, most cool.
Now I feel bad for my smart ass response.
Did Marcus bring this (I lost track)? It was in a number of pieces (a dozen or more) and stored in the 25g IM lagoon tank.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Green SPSaporia Thing

Er... wait a minute. I just turned to look at it under the blues and its a pale yellow with blue polyps, most cool.
Now I feel bad for my smart ass response.
Did Marcus bring this (I lost track)? It was in a number of pieces (a dozen or more) and stored in the 25g IM lagoon tank.

I dropped those off. This is what it is

montipora spongodes

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ice! Thats my wavy tank. Thanks for the video and music, love it! :)
I need more sexy shrimp in there, like 20.

That tank started with a bare rock and a very small white and very small silver Xenia frag a few months back.
Lesson... 2 tiny Xenia frags took this tank in 6 months, many colonies HAVE NO CONNECTION to others, so they spawned and floated about. May not be good for main tank.

E! Thanks much, we we're passing out some of the small frags, they look great, though I now hate you as I have SPS in a tank I swore I would never have SPS in again.

GUYS, have to give out a few shouts here...
Thanks to all the sponsers/vendors!

Red Sea
for their donations of test kits and supplements
Tunze for the nano equipment
Hydor for their pumps and equipment
Cherry Corals for their shirts
H2OPRo corals for their amazing frag offer, these frags are fantastic

Extra special thanks to our 2 locals...

Ultimate Corals in Jackson for their discounts (20% for NJRC members), great deal on full size rainbow nems ($30 was the deal of the decade), and gift certificates!
Thanks Mark, truly appreciated!
Ultimate Corals

AND

Aquarium Care Center in Ocean for the coral food packs and gift certificate!
John and his crew are having a blow out party in 2 weeks and raffling off a bunch of items including a Red Sea Tank!
Download the app on:
Aquarium Care Center - Android Apps on Google Play
Aquarium Care Center on the App Store
and register for extra entries and discounts.

Last edited: