• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kole Eye tang with white spots

Thanks, I plan on completing the treatment for 14 days and then leaving the fish in the QT for another 6 weeks to allow the reefer to go fallow with no fish. It's crazy to think right now that I've spent about $150 to try to save $60 worth of fish but now it's my mission. The clowns were the first fish that I bought when I started the reefer so I kinda feel like I owe it to them and the two others.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
i usually did 4 weeks worth of copper when i treated, and leaving the tank fallow for 10 weeks is a better number, it's about a 100% success rate, 6 weeks it's not 100%, i'm not sure the exact percentage chance of ridding the tank of ick.

The plan is likely to leave the DT empty until about November which would be about 13 weeks. I don't want to rush anything at this point. My thought was originally about 8 weeks but I'll be home for a few weeks in November so it will be easier to monitor the fish going back into the tank.