• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Koran angel cloudy puffy eyes

A quick update. I fresh water dipped the fish a few days ago for 7 mins and watched flukes fall off the left eye. while in the dip he was disoriented and lethargic. . Afterwards the fish was reclusive for two days and did not eat. Sunday I noticed him eating but also noticed while his left eye was markedly improved, his right eye was messed up. I waited till Tuesday and I dipped him again. Tuesday mornings dip he was active and seemed quite comfortable with the dip. He was in there for 10 mins. and I did not notice the fluke/s fall off. The eye remained in the same condition: puffy, opaque, and with what looks like a tag hanging off (the fluke or part of it). I dipped the fish again later in the day, same effect.

Ill monitor him for next two days and dip again Friday is his eye remains the same.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I'm not mistaken, freshwater dip is for immediate (but temporary ) relief. It doesn't kill them all. You are also putting him back into the tank that potentially has more flukes. If you wish to eliminate flukes, Prazipro! The great thing about Prazi is that you can dose the DT.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Agree with Paul. After 2 days my Flame angel looks so much better. Can finally see his eye and just some white around the outer edge.
Dips are tough considering all parameters need to be in sync.

Everyone is doing well.

The angel seems happy as ever.

I never ended up putting in the Medicine. I do have it handy if I see any signs of it again.

It's been 10 days since the angels eyes returned to normal. Those two fresh water dips that day must have done the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk