• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for an old 10G (to do a refugium) in or around Jersey City

Hello everyone,

I have a 5G nano-reef that I am having a bit of trouble to maintain with stable parameters.
I would like to give myself some flexibility with this tank and decided that I needed to have a bigger volume of water.
So I decided that I would connect a refugium to this nano-tank and fill it with Caulerpa or Chaeto and all kind of micro-organisms !
This is the tank, as you can see I have a little bit of algae growing, it's pretty stable but I am sure a well alive refugium would provide parameters more stable :

image.jpg

So I am looking for an old scratched tank (or new and unscratched but I guess you'll want a good price :rolleyes:) with a base no bigger than 21" x 12" (10G would be perfect). With canopy and/or light would be nice.
New, it's 15 dollars at Petsmart without canopy nor light but after spending way too much this month, I have decided to put a stop to my aquarium spendings for now.

I am looking for something cheap (or free if really you don't do anything with it) and I do have an 800 GPH Sunsun circulation pump like new to trade if you need. :D
If you have that around, I moved to Jersey City two weeks ago so I'll happily pick it up in Jersey City / Hoboken / etc.

If I don't have success with this ad, I'll just use a plastic box but I'd prefer to be able to observe all the life in the refugium.

Thanks for reading :)

Thank you for the offer but the 20G will certainly have a base too big the shelf I want to put it in.
And I believe I can find free macro algaes since it grows so fast, I hope to find a 10G way cheaper tbh :angel2:

Thanks for the tip trio91 I thought about a scrubber ! But than I saw a refugium full of life in a video and I really want to see that connected to my tank.
If I did put a scrubber, it would be a DIY, these things are really expensive if bought ready to use ! A pump, an electricity plastic box, a tube drilled with holes and two leds from amazon and I would be good to go !

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, in any case post pix on your future plans. Also you can wait for petco to have its $1per gallon sales.

I know walmart sells em dirt cheap too

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
There was a place in jersey city
aquamans reef
not sure if it's still there....or if they even sell water
85 Wales Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306

I went there and didn't find a shop.
Than I tried Hoboken pet emporium (Not a lot of stuff there) and Caribbean pets (poor knowledge of vendor and overpopulated tanks with dead fishes). None of them had water. :(

I didn't see these answers !
I have a 10G water tight. You can have it for free.
Thanks Sunny !! Really nice from you where are you from ?
I'm in need of a frag tank but I'm on a tight budget I'm give away some macro algae
If you need the flow pump let me know, it's available in JC
I have a 10g you can have but I am far from JC. Also, it was a QT tank treated Cupermine so it needs a good cleaning before use.
Thank you very much for the offer, but I guess I would lose the price of the tank in gas, toll and time, but thank you for the offer :)