• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Low light sps?

Is there a such thing? Are there some species of months or like deep water acros that don't need extremely high par and light present to thrive?

I ask because I'm very new to hard corals, both sps and lps but want to give a test to my tanks capabilities because I was doing a little research and some people have long is growing in their sump with a household bulb down there lol. I think they would be an excellent addition to my pico reef if they were to do ok. I'm hesitant on the lps because I don't want coral warfare in my tank lol

I don't expect anything to really work, just wondering what species people would suggest for this experiment.

Lights right now are three little high powered white and blue leds, I'll post a photo of them. Filtration is built into the back of it, my pump really only pushes 6 or 7 gallons but I have ran tests on my tank and have gone strong on no water changes (except for top off and aclimation refill from a drop loop) and have had no nitrates or phosphates for over a month or two now.