• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mark's IM10

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Had a few people ask how its coming along, so figured I'd post a few pics.

Overall view, the entire rock will eventually be solid pulsing xenia (silver, blue, and white)
IMG_5172_zpsre19rlaf.jpg

Primary crew (the clowns are moving up in a few weeks, the shark goby is staying put)
IMG_5162_zps7jngnw7x.jpg

One of two bumblebee shrimp
IMG_5167_zps2frilbiz.jpg

Pom-pom crab
IMG_5170_zps8uy6f0uu.jpg

Tube worm and zoas on left
IMG_5165_zps70unzgvi.jpg

Mixed zoas on right
IMG_5178_zps0tsfltrc.jpg

Two of 3 sexy shrimp
IMG_5179_zpsptvfxg5l.jpg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Less than 1 month later from previous pic - Xenia growth is coming along nicely, much faster than expected.
Zoas will eventually transfer to other tank, as will Darwin clowns.
Haven't seen my Pompom crab in a week :(

-yUSMA4oY8Z-RCCtjNXuS2_hSI5z3vwtFEh_6cQaPSYkapWgdpg7AFl3shwQ3tybJfNSl1qa7LDc7kBJ_jgdQIw7hbMjobuYKRKbZG_1MJvm3RIN636eC9bRVRcn2lfOrOpuJszwzco4qPnzHZsT3O8VNUqA3poFTbl69YAb5gnLAj5_jsBOlWnjOBeGLjlbZXxX54j794TSEDw0o-y5Onzh9_aN1ybnCTmuxjFbGBQTYuY3wm34w_sH-QDB8_p4Ur657ojr_Xr-aEMYBTsJOw68fXuyk38wEgriJ8ke46cA8BGyGw90wcsfGZcVC3Vw6D87HAzF0pBbF8tLTKPLRhIDQ2kaJ1mvoTAzI6q_iV0nqUk1p8_Yq0nB2s6bpccWKXthAFWAfGzqcvPam84BIQ0l5fU5xImhLeVQuueXhaVl7sJb-fut1jHmaTXI3ryCGwhulaEfQdJPeRmC0MU1WjdJHBPdTRbHcLqdQJvu-sCDu3AG8ImzGcFQ1HoGQ7waYT0r3A8OQ_fWx31GxoG53pciR54G2_-PGz1GynaoQLa35zqk0O2o3-K0rDni9yMIVtPfAidDHl9hcX7TnZTyVRwsLlXubEDQjpHWJoIG6vsIFVEJ6Rwq=w777-h1035-no

Last edited:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The pic didn't pop up mark....but I'm glad things are looking up on this tank

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Updated pic, this started with 2 very small xenia frags a few months back (this pic is from 6 weeks ago, more has grown since)...
IMG_5467_zps9utwtojt.jpg

Hoping it will eventually take over the back and side walls.

Inverts all doing well. The Pom-pom has grown considerably and during a shedding lost its anems :(

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Update. Xenia still growing like mad...
IMG_6140.jpg

And, more interesting.
This tank has been going for quite a while.
All zoas were removed many months back.
Today I found this guy.
I'm into the zoa thing, and I cant ID it.
Alternating green and blue skirt, black center with bright purple iris.
Looks amazing under blues, may try to propogate this thing and drop them into my 25g.
Anyway...

IMG_6145.jpg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Update. Xenia still growing like mad...

Today I found this guy.
I'm into the zoa thing, and I cant ID it.
Alternating green and blue skirt, black center with bright purple iris.
Looks amazing under blues, may try to propogate this thing and drop them into my 25g.
Anyway...

Mark you should name it the "Mark C zoa" and charge like $1,000 a head lol.

Looks good man

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would do a GSP too in that tank. I am a zoa lover. I cant tell from your photo isn't clear enough. Jokers are green/blue skirts, purple center with a very dark blue mouth