• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Max's Red Sea Reefer 170. (A Grand Journey of Discovery, Aggravation, and General Buffoonery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So the ACC bash trip today proved very fruitful.

New additions:

f8843ce9a4a3f5566596b8eee63f4eed.jpg

Mr. Emerald

33a0590c2a38d33043e5e15532b223ba.jpg

A pair of Darwin clowns

9d3edf3fce4e41661b99a21a3b2b613e.jpg

Feather duster.

be344a2e3a6582ba561ebe7a323b6538.jpg

Obligatory FTS
ehhh, ive seen better lol :highly_amused:<--j/k

Nah dude, you tank is looking awesome.....those clowns look really good in there and that kessil makes the coral colors look almost pastel....whats your intensity and spectrum?

One day I don't pay attention to my tank and what happens? Yellow polyp colony is knocked over on the sand. Green coral at the top is knocked over all the way to the bottom. Hermit crabs are having a gang fight, poor feather duster is pushed into between the rocks and the emerald crab is running amok.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

One day I don't pay attention to my tank and what happens? Yellow polyp colony is knocked over on the sand. Green coral at the top is knocked over all the way to the bottom. Hermit crabs are having a gang fight, poor feather duster is pushed into between the rocks and the emerald crab is running amok.

Did you expect anything different ?

I'm still waiting to come home from work and sit in front of my tank and just relax. 30 seconds in and I'm elbow deep in the tank fixing things haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. I'm mad at Red Sea.

Their top off system has now failed me 2nd time in a matter of 2 weeks.

Both times I noticed it wasn't topping off. And both times I'm not sure why. I had to readjust the valve both times.

I'm considering using a different methods.

Thoughts?

....I also think Red Sea should send me something for free because I am mad.

....like a decent ATO

.... or at least a ehhhh six pack or something.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tunze has the second float switch to kill the ato, the top off that comes with the red sea looks just like an RO shut off valve, it's a float that plugs a hole once the water reaches the right height, it's mechanical, not electronic like most of the ato's you buy, the water is gravity fed.

New additions.

344cb351d573b7e157e95df4f3393242.jpg

Got 3 little zoas attached them to a rock and now have a colony forming.

I'm a big fan of zoas.

58196b3a989f80430fefb3b73c6f7723.jpg

A purple mystery shroom. (Mystery to me because I don't know what it is important sure everyone else does so please enlighten me)

Also a penis coral which I rubber banded to a frag plug and it seems to be growing and expanding. ( it's actually a Devils hand leather or finger leather I believe. Got it from Steve aka @Canadia_eh thank you sir!)

ed837c44296e2c9e97831235650218c8.jpg

Not a new addition but he molted and is now twice the size so double the trouble.

Plus he looks guilty in that hole.

Probably because he did dark crab things.

Never trust crabs. #evilsecretcrabsociety

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've got 2 or three emeralds in my system, no problems with them, they keep the bubble algae population down, i think at least. Neat to watch. Nice Zoa's there, i've been debating on getting more now.

Damn homies. I came home today and my softies are looking great as usual with exception of the phallic coral because... performance anxiety??

Anyways my hard corals are looking sorry. My acro frag is half bleached from the bottom. I am thinking some chemistry is off. And I am thinking it's probably calcium. Will know for sure tomorrow once I get the test kit but any ideas?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Awesome pics, love the jellies. I have some pics from the Baltimore aquarium that I need to repost.

Wow so it has been a while since I have been on the site. Good news is the tank is doing well. I will post updated pictures in a bit. Also have an algae scrubber tale to post and other adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.