• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Memorial Day

Paul B

NJRC Member
Memorial Day, which is the last Monday in May is a holiday and many of us have off from work or school and some of us look forward to sales.

But lets also remember that Memorial Day, which started right after the Civil War, is to honor our men and women who died fighting for America.

Too many of my friends died in war and I will never forget their sacrifice.

If it were not for them, think how different our lives would be today.

Memorial Day, which is the last Monday in May is a holiday and many of us have off from work or school and some of us look forward to sales.

But lets also remember that Memorial Day, which started right after the Civil War, is to honor our men and women who died fighting for America.

Too many of my friends died in war and I will never forget their sacrifice.

If it were not for them, think how different our lives would be today.
I too have served with a few that have lost their lives in battle and continue to serve with fellow brothers and sister in arms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paul thats a nice video...proud to say ive served in that rainbow division he speaks of

Being a Vet of two different conflicts my self and understanding the true meaning behind memorial day and veterans day it still shocks me how many people don't really know what the day is about. It's classified as a holiday but it's actually a national day of remembrance for those lost in foreign and domestic wars or conflicts it started back during the end of the civil war but really took the spot light after the first world War ...then there's Veterans day which is a way of honoring those that have served in armed conflict.

These days are important yet unfortunately some still believe they are about bbq's and pool openings. But I'm am always thankful none the less to those who remember these days for what they are

Thanks you for your service Jeremy...... I think we should remember the sacrifices our armed forces make everyday to allow us the freedom many take for granted......

Paul B

NJRC Member
:confused:
Paul thats a nice video...proud to say ive served in that rainbow division he speaks of

Really! That is so cool and something to be proud of.
I was in the First Cav Division, the same one Custer was in although he screwed up pretty badly. :confused:

Paul that was some powerful video... thanks for sharing... Dam powerful...
Yes it is. Pretty powerful.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Four years service during first Gulf.
Fourteen family members in the Great War.
Five in Vietnam - two came home, one of my uncles minus a leg, who took his own life a few years back (he was my influence on who I am today).
Every Memorial Day and Armistice Day I gently remind people of the definition of the day.
I live down the Jersey Shore. A free day off and early drinking seem to be the theme.
Fortunately there are some who still respect the meaning.
Nice vids Paul, that second is a hard one.