• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Monti Health

ac94e36a95d910461762753c502ff60a.jpg
A really noob question I'm sure, but anyway, I don't really like any SPS except montipora. I bought this frag around a month ago for $10 but I'm not sure if it's doing okay. I had it under a light that kept it alive but not growing and just the other day switched to good lighting. Would you guys say it is still alive and doing okay? Anything I can do to make it happier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
It looks ok to me. In fact I just picked up a red cap today as well as a green birdnest. When I had my other tank going my caps took a little to start growing. I would feed it reef roids once a week and let it be. When it starts growing you will see the edges get white. If the middle gets white the it's dieing.

It looks ok to me. In fact I just picked up a red cap today as well as a green birdnest. When I had my other tank going my caps took a little to start growing. I would feed it reef roids once a week and let it be. When it starts growing you will see the edges get white. If the middle gets white the it's dieing.

The middle isn't white at all, so I guess that's good. I don't have any coral food at the moment since I'm a beginner (only have GSP, a toadstool and this monti) but I planned on getting coral candy from one of my LFS (this one is ACC, I know a lot of people here are familiar with it). I've heard their stuff is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk