• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moving. Need 2 to 4 helpers please

Hi all

Looks like the date to move the tank is next weekend. Saturday or Sunday. I'm hoping I can get a few of you to help me.

The move should not be too bad.

I have a plan for the water but could use advice with the live stock.

As to the tank , after emptying the water, rock and fish, im going to add some framework to the stand to mount 4 or 6 trailer tongue wheeled jacks. Each are rated for 1000lbs. So 4 or 6 should be over kill on the ~800 lbs tank and ~200lbs stand

Anyway, plan is to jack it up and wheel it to the uhaul ramp and push into the truck as a single unit.

Then unload the same way. 4 guys should be enough

Because I will add the jacks at the time I expect the whole move to last about 3 hours
I'm happy to supply food & beer.

The move is only 2.5 miles away.

Thank you for your consideration.

Rob
4f5856066ea98ab2f946749dd4ac639e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Rob, when you get a solid day let me know.
I have to go up north but can shift plans if needed.
Mark

Just going to bump this

Do any one have a preference. I can do either day. If it's better for anyone, say or sun. Let me know and we can work it around availability

Ok. How's Saturday work for everyone?

Should I run into any issues I'll have Sunday to sort them out.

Does am noon or pm
Work better?

For moving the fish. Do I need a pump or anything. The move is 5 mins away. But expect the fish to be in the water up to ~3 hours

Ok picked up 2 battery powered 30gallon bubblers. Should be enough for the 55 gallon drum

I'd still love a battery powered water pump. Any one have one I can use tomorrow

Picked up the moving truck. Got the low version. Looks like there will be no pushing up the ramp!