• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moving. Need 2 to 4 helpers please

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
As long as you have water movement in the tank. And not a lot of bioload(don’t know your fish stock). You should be okay for a few days without the skimmer (sump)

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I went about a week with my sump offline (was re-doing the plumbing) and had no ill affect on my fish/corals. I think you be ok but like @ecambero said make sure you have the water moving

I added the skimmer to the DT last night. Cleaned out the sun tonight.

Did a quick test of that return pipe. Turns out I did a poor job of gluing it up. Has a small leak. [emoji853] I'll have to cut it and reglue. But need to get a new piece.

Also I'm still down a heater. So looks like it's down till Friday.

Happily fish seem good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
May have a 300w heater I can dig through the garage for.
PM me an address and if I find it I'll drop it in your mailbox tomorrow during the day .
Of course I'll tape a message to the outside of the mailbox for the mail-person reading 'Please don't disturb the bomb'.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Also, ouside of using PVC glue. Consider using a pice of plastic/poly tubing with the inside diameter the same size as your PVC.
Heat it to expand it and slide over the PVC at least 1". It will self seal. You can use circular screw clamps (forget the proper name atm) for added security.
Saves a lot of cutting and gluing.

... I bought a heater on Sunday. It arrived today. It was not cheap.

It arrived today. I thought it was the same one I had. After opening the box I realized it was missing the temp display

I keep reading and instructions say it requires a controller Why would it not come with one. Why would the item description not say it needs one, or that the required controller is sold separately.

[emoji55]

Ugh.

And the controller is just as expensive as the heater. Ugh

Ok finally have a good update

Marks hose over pipe is working well! Thanks. The water is circulating correctly and I've adjusted it all so it's whisper quiet again

Temp dropped to 75. But have the two heaters back in the sump and hope it heats back up to 78/79 quickly.

I have the house at 76 hoping ambient air will help.

Got the sump light on. But I did order a red glow

Fish all seem happy. I'll re mount the lights and remove the jacks then fit the sump cover. Done.

Next step. My water making no setup at this house is not going to work like it did at the old house. House is much smaller and I do not have the space to hide the barrels.

So now I have to see about making a hole in the floor ( not happy about this) and making water in the basement.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A hole in the floor ......that is what I did .a 35 gallon brute with ro -di and a pump plumed into tank. electric switch is right by tank . Hit switch and fill er up . I use this for water changes too ... so easy . no moving buckets..

I would lend a hand if it's this Sunday but I am not close by and I haven't a stable ride sorry. if u need the help and can do the transportation I am happy to help

Tank is put together, finally.

Took me a whole week ‍♂️

Thank you again for all the help. Now I start on the fish room in the basement. My wife is going to love this!

988ac325beb1a1623041b65e5bb36aa5.jpg
1586848e4def2f06bfe1f27d29ecf310.jpg

Darn it!

I have a small leak some where in the sump.

I was concerned this might happen with the move.

I built the sump into the stands frame. I then fiberglass’d the sump.

I knew with the way we moved it there might be stress placed on the frame that may transfer and crack the glass.

I haven’t confirmed exactly where it’s leaking (today’s job). But pretty sure it’s a result of this.

Once confirmed, i get to drain the sump, pump the water out, dry it all, then apply a few new glass layers. Let it dry. Then refill.

Great.