• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need to add a barrier to my overflow. Keep losing wrasses Is this reef safe

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Here is a copy of the overflow. Essentially I want to put that over the slots to keep the fish in the tank !!!

horseplay

NJRC Member
Enkramat. Or gutter guards might be the way I go. Just have to apply it cleanly. Any thoughts

The tank protector is like gutter guard but plastic. Same size holes about 3/8". You can see it at east coast diving center in morganville. It should be rigid enough to stand on its own if you arch it in the overflow.

Same for enkramat.

C

charterreefer

Home depot sells black plastic chicken wire that can be cut easily with scissors. The size should be good for wrasses or you can double it up to create a smaller size. Easy to use with tie wraps to hold it together. I use it on my overflows as a cover. I make light filters out of it too. I put it all around my tank top to keep the jumpers in.