• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Build

Morning all,

I finally save up the money and got started on my new build. I thought I'd keep you all in the loop for fun and advice. The tank will be roughly 60x30x24, 185 gallons, with a 40g sump.

Tank: 3 panel starfire glass, black background and silicone
Stand: Powder coated custom steel stand

Skimmer: Reef Octopus Elite 200sss
Lighting: (2x) Ecotech XW30 G4Pro
Sump: Trigger 39 sapphire
Pumps: (2x MP40)
Return: Ecotech Vectra L1
ATO: Tunze
Controller: Neptune Apex

I'll be running a fuge with miracle mud and rubble. I won't be running carbon, gfo, or dosing anything for quite a while. I may add later. I will be hard plumbing the system.

Look forward to getting this project started in the next few weeks!

Thank you for the comments. Yes, the tank is custom. I'm obsessed with deep dimension tanks. I was going to go cube, but to create a two piece stand to get it inside the house was too expensive. Yes, I've used miracle mud, I can't scientifically say it made a dramatic difference. I would say that the cheato took off after the addition and the tank seemed to metabolize at a higher rate. I run a very high nutrient system and I "believe" miracle mud helps maintain a balance.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
is this you building this tank?

I would say NO....unless he's also building two, or maybe three other tanks......I see at least two if not three other tanks being built in that picture. Now, it's also sitting on a Coast to Coast work table, so I think it might be a fair bet that Coast to Coast is building the tank. But that's all a guess on my part. :D

Tank is in the house! progress!

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    915.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    835.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0039 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0039 - Copy.JPG
    835.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0033 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0033 - Copy.JPG
    915.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0034 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0034 - Copy.JPG
    933.7 KB · Views: 30
Coast to coast did the stand and the tank. 3/4 inch starfire on three sides, blacked out back panel, discreet scupper box. The stand is steel with black powder coating. We plan on a "Viking" theme...so, we are going to wrap the stand with reclaimed wood and carve some Viking helmet wooden handles....like what you would see in the TV show with Ragnor. The inside of the tank will have liverock siliconed to a broken Viking ship...should be cool. It will be a mixed tank....soft and hard.

I have an Achilles in my 120 that needs to move over. Beyond that, I'm going to keep it light for a while....probably a mystery wrasse, foxface, copperband, and i'm dying to get my hands on a school of five lined cardinals. Also, a juvenile great white shark.

Thanks for the interest and comments!