• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJRC Response to Photobucket's change

Cool idea. I stopped using Photobucket a long time ago. Now I have everything in Dropbox, Google Drive, and Google Photos. And with the growing size of Amazon AWS, that is going to be another safe place in the cloud...all software is going to the cloud too.

Are you guys going to limit the size of a photo? Depending on our hosting, you may blow through the storage space very quickly. Or do we have unlimited storage? Again...depends on the hosting we use.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Cool idea. I stopped using Photobucket a long time ago. Now I have everything in Dropbox, Google Drive, and Google Photos. And with the growing size of Amazon AWS, that is going to be another safe place in the cloud...all software is going to the cloud too.

Are you guys going to limit the size of a photo? Depending on our hosting, you may blow through the storage space very quickly. Or do we have unlimited storage? Again...depends on the hosting we use.

At this time no we are not going to limit the size of photos. Yes I know we can burn our storage quickly like that and as stated above if this cause issues with our current web hosting then things will be changed. I didn't picture this as a place to store everyone's pictures; like Google Photo or others sites you mentioned above. I picture this for more members being able to upload their reef pictures to one site and share among other sites. If this turns into people dumping all their photos then we need to revisit this.