• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nori Group Buy

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hello All

We did a nori group buy in March 2014. I ordered direct from the wholesaler who supplies most of the commercial aquariums. Well I am almost out. So I will be ordering a case for myself. I can order an extra case if someone is looking to get some A grade nori.

A case has 10 packs and each pack has 100 sheets. Each pack of 100 sheets will be $13.50.

I will order in 2 weeks or so so let me know if anyone wants some.

If this is an issue, mods please fell free to delete.

Thanks

Sunny

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
whats nori?

398665ac020dd2568936a73b059f35da.jpg

Tom

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Dried seaweed.
Full of good stuff for your omnivores and herbivores.
They sell clips with suction cups on them so you can hook the to the side of your tank and connect a sheet or this to it.
The fish munch on it through the day.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
OK folks. I just received this email from the supplier.

"The delivered price for now is $ 136.00 per case and will be rising again in the next 2 weeks.

The 2017 Nori Harvest has been devastated (Nori is harvested December to March each Year) Unusually warm ocean temperatures has prevented the Nori growth and allowed invasive species to over take the growing site. The 2017 harvest is estimated at 10 to 15% of last years harvest. We have no new inbound product available and prices will be close to double last years price by mid summer if we can get it.
"

I will place the order this week. I will order an extra case. We still have 4 packs up for grabs. If more people want it and we need to order more than a spare case, I need to know ASAP.

So far I have 2 each for :-

Bloodman
Jose
Krista.

OK folks. I just received this email from the supplier.

"The delivered price for now is $ 136.00 per case and will be rising again in the next 2 weeks.

The 2017 Nori Harvest has been devastated (Nori is harvested December to March each Year) Unusually warm ocean temperatures has prevented the Nori growth and allowed invasive species to over take the growing site. The 2017 harvest is estimated at 10 to 15% of last years harvest. We have no new inbound product available and prices will be close to double last years price by mid summer if we can get it.
"

I will place the order this week. I will order an extra case. We still have 4 packs up for grabs. If more people want it and we need to order more than a spare case, I need to know ASAP.

So far I have 2 each for :-

Bloodman
Jose
Krista.
Hi Sunny, I'm down to my last bits of seaweed. I'll take the 4 packs. If you are ordering another case, I would be interested in 6 packs (rather than just 4) in hope that it will come with six-pack abs as a bonus, lol. My Tangs, Blenny and Chromis (Chromi or Chromises pl.?) devour a strip of Omega brand per day. That should put me in good shape through the rest of the year.

We aren't stripping the marine environment of it's Nori by doing this, are we? Is this stuff farmed or sustainably harvested, or will Sea Turtles starve as a result? [emoji217]

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapatalk while in The Cone of Silence

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
So I have

Bloodman - 2 packs - $27.20
Jose - 4 packs - $54.40
Krista - 2 packs - $27.20
RiverSwami - 4 packs - $54.40
Jarek - 1 case - $136

I will wait till tomorrow to order.