• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Odyssea T5 Quad Timer Aquarium Light Marine

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have any experience, past or present with thsee fixtures? I'm thinking about picking one up from ebay

radiata

NJRC Member
I have a cheaper 5' T5 model. Only complaints are that the blue LED night lights all stopped working a few months after I got it. On the model I have, the bulbs are held in place with plastic clips. They get brittle and break easily. Aside from that, it works.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Run run run far away!!! Their fixtures are cheaply built and don’t last. I had one of their fixtures and it was nothing but problems!! A few years ago there were reports of fixtures catching fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The issue is, I think my Kessil is on is way out....this is my second one. It's been running super hot no matter what I did to clean it and I've been gettingsome coral bleaching.

I do have a spare t5 fixture (as a backup) but 1x of my ballast has blown so now only 2 of 4 bulbs are operating. Was considering replacing both, but was thinking it would be best (and maybe cheaper) to get a new unit. I also have bulbs lying around that were barely used

Dropping another $400 on a light may be out of the question and I think I wanna go T5....

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a DIY retrofit unit you can have. Maybe you can rig something up to get your current fixture to work? I could meet you halfway to drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erics210

NJRC Member
I bought the 72 inch 4 bulb T5 with 2 blue 2 white
Ballasts both went. $75 for replacements for a pair.
Unit cost like $175 with shipping I think.
Was running minimally 5 months before ballasts blew out.
If you wanted to get the replacement ballasts i would take some corals in trade for it. LMK

My tank is small....I'm looking for a 24" fixture
I have a 24 inch ATI dimmable 6 bulb fixture I bought it with a bad screen was going to put a new screen in it never did I paid $200 just want what I paid for it a new screen is a $100 let me know if you interested.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 24 inch ATI dimmable 6 bulb fixture I bought it with a bad screen was going to put a new screen in it never did I paid $200 just want what I paid for it a new screen is and $100 let me know if you interested

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Pm me some pix if you can