• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pacific East Aquaculture

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Taking a page out of @Mark_C 's book.

Here is my retailer experience with Pacific East Aquaculture.

I have heard good things about Dr Mac and his corals. After seeing a photo of a unique looking bubble tip nem I wanted to see how much. I had to wait until his live show on FB last Saturday. I did not mind waiting for the live event. Because I wanted to make sure I had a good shot at that nem I had their website up, account created (never been on their site until then), CC in hand, and their FB page up during the event. I will have to admit the event went well even though I didn't watch all of it (but I did watch most of it)

Once the special nem went up I knew there was no way I was going to get it. The cost alone kept me from purchasing it. Now I do understand why it cost that much but I wasn't going to pay that much for a coral for a temp tank. Even my wife said if it was my main display tank then that would be a different story. Now not to be out done I kept watching to see what they had; maybe another nem at a good deal. Well no nem at a good deal but a hammer was at the price I was willing to pay. I added the hammer to my cart with a rock nem (not part of the special event). I went though the check out processed but I made some mistakes. The first mistake I made was I forgot to mentioned that I am unable to receive the package on Tuesday. I decided I would email them to let them know. I got a reply quickly but discovered my second mistake. I forgot I didn't change my billing address on the card I used so the payment was declined. The folks from Pacific East was very nice and helpful via email even though they were limited with what they could do. I had to call them today to work out the issue. Now normally I dislike calling places so I had my worries here. Right away a nice friendly person answer the phone. I gave her my name and what happen. She pulled up my account without a problem, I didn't even need to give her the order number. She told me what my order was for and I confirmed it was correct. I then gave her the information needed and she processed my order. My order should be here on Wednesday and I will do a update on this about how the package is and what everything looks like.

If the corals look like their photos I will def be willing to order from them again. Also note this is my first time purchasing live items from online and I was impressed how it went.

Here the photos from their website:

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 4.09.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 4.13.07 PM.png

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So my order came in today. The package was well packed which prevented the items from moving around in transit. While the hammer and the nem were floating both seem to open up well and I could tell the colors match the website's pictures. I put the nem in the tank first. It was small, I would way base was about the size of my index finger, but its starting to open up now. So far its larger than my thumb and that with my lights low. I dipped the hammer and it was clean not one hitchhiker on it which was nice. I placed the hammer in the tank. It has two nice heads skeleton on it but has not open up yet. Now its still early so I will wait on giving my finally review but it does seem like everything came just as shown in the picture.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So my order came in today. The package was well packed which prevented the items from moving around in transit. While the hammer and the nem were floating both seem to open up well and I could tell the colors match the website's pictures. I put the nem in the tank first. It was small, I would way base was about the size of my index finger, but its starting to open up now. So far its larger than my thumb and that with my lights low. I dipped the hammer and it was clean not one hitchhiker on it which was nice. I placed the hammer in the tank. It has two nice heads skeleton on it but has not open up yet. Now its still early so I will wait on giving my finally review but it does seem like everything came just as shown in the picture.
Pix?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Not as good as the website photos but due note they look like the website photos my phone sucks at pictures. Also my lights are low

IMG_20170511_173450.jpg IMG_20170511_173438.jpg