• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Photo of the month (Potm) August 2016

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! - Fellow Reef Keepers

it is time for the POTM of August - 2016 !!

Its easy, Its fun, you get to show off your pretty fishes and amazing corals from your collections!

The winner will receive a $20 reward via paypal.

Hurry up, Bring them on!!! Your winning image will be posted on:
the NJRC Homepage NJ Reef Club
the NJRC FACEBOOK PAGE!

SO now is the time --- lets start sending in those winning image(s) today ...
last day to submit your image(s) is August 21st

Please Send your best shot(s) as attachment(s) to: officers@njreefers.org
Please put POTM - USERNAME in the subject

Please remembered to NOT submit any photos that have been previously posed on any local forum, or online...

The Official Rules listed here:
http://www.njreefers.org/showthread....-Month-Contest

GOOD LUCK!!

Note: Being that we are just starting this up, the August POTM will not be themed

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Working on the night shots

Attachments

• 20160809_212529.jpg
    20160809_212529.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20160809_212543.jpg
    20160809_212543.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
@Russell Bennett make sure you read the rules of the POTM; one rule is the image can't be already publicly posted lol.

What type of camera are you using?
Rules? we don't need no stinking rules......lol I will read them and follow

I am just using my samsung note 3- I have a Panasonic Micro 4/3 I will get out, but I am so use to using it on auto that when it comes to the blue light I am lost. I think I need to adjust ISO

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I use my Samsung S6. I'm not sure on the Note 3 but take a look and see if they offer a "pro" mode. If so in there you can mess with the white balance, ISO, etc... Since someone told me about that my images have been coming out better (still not to greatest but at least not washed out)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Glad this came up. I have a few questions.
1) As I've held the title for a year, do I have to personally show up somewhere to pass the crown to someone else?
2) Is there a crown?
3) If so, why haven't I received it?
4) Now that I'm passing on this crown which may or may not exist, do I get to do publicity ads or at least get to be some sort of foreign diplomat?
5) I won for 12 months, yet only received $20 for the initial month. When can I expect the remaining $220?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Glad this came up. I have a few questions.
1) As I've held the title for a year, do I have to personally show up somewhere to pass the crown to someone else?
2) Is there a crown?
3) If so, why haven't I received it?
4) Now that I'm passing on this crown which may or may not exist, do I get to do publicity ads or at least get to be some sort of foreign diplomat?
5) I won for 12 months, yet only received $20 for the initial month. When can I expect the remaining $220?

1. Yes you do show up but not to pass the crown but to face judgement for holding onto a title for 11 months longer than rules allowed.

2. We don't know cause you been hoging it.

3. How do we know you didn't receive it?

4. No again you need to face judgment for your crime

5. Unfortunately for your crime of holding the title longer than the 1 month allowed you lose the $20 and also need to pay $220 back pay plus another $220 for lawer fees.

Hopefully we keep this going and the new winner doesn't keep the title for a year.