• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Poison Ivy?

Can anyone help me figure out if this or isn't poison ivy? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170527_163124.jpg
    20170527_163124.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20170527_163130.jpg
    20170527_163130.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It would appear to be poison ivy. Poison ivy has mirrored leaves.....that is, drawing an imaginary line down the stem of the plant, the leaves on the right align with the leaves on the left, with the one top leaf.

If you were closer, I'd come over with the plant killer (Roundup Off Patent stuff), and kill that stuff.

This is the gallon concentrate that I buy from amazon for about $23. When I was buying actual Round Up, the gallon jug cost somewhere in the area of $125.

51OxXnmvDdL.jpg

Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Doesn't appear to be poison ivy to me. Poison ivy and any of the "poison" plants tend to have shiny leaves. Also I haven't ever seen poison ivy with a red stem. This is a good set of pictures
IMG_2070.JPG

*Note*
I have poison ivy right now so take my advice for what you will. Haha

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
now not 100% but it looks more like something I ran through when I was a kid. We called them 'touch-me-not'. Doesn't look like this picture so I could be wrong on the name - Mimosa pudica - Wikipedia.

I agree with above doesn't seem like poison ivy

Thank you everyone! I think we have a winner though! I think @Zippy69 is dead on with the Wineberry. @Mikeamadio was close too! This photo looks identical to what we have. Wineberry plants are considered invasive species in NJ.

Attachments

• japanese-wineberry-400x266.jpg
    japanese-wineberry-400x266.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 9