• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Power outages in NJ.....

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
my area sucks (northern monmouth) I came home recently to a power outage and half empty tank(stupid reason) lost some, saved most with my Gennie. Its worth having.

So because we marked the devil on the wall and I had to say bad things about the utility company fate has again has taught me a lesson to keep my big mouth shut this morning. Some poor soul drove his car through a telephone pole and took out power to my area it is estimated that I will be without power until 4 or 6 p.m. thankfully I am prepared for this and again I will say having a generator is worth having.

Glad to hear you made it through ok. I didn't have a generator during Sandy nor the N'oreaster the following week. Power was out for 3 days each wk. Lost almost all my fish. Real bummer scooping dead fish after dead fish out but you've all been there or some have. I try to keep things in perspective though in that compared to what so many lost-what's a few fish? My 2nd calamity came a couple yrs. ago when on vacation. I got a call while @ the Grand Canyon from a neighbor w/ whom I arranged daily feedings. I had used her previously w/out a hitch. Had her turn off filters during feedings in the early evening (I know, a no no!). Well she calls me one morning to tell me fish are dead & dying. Talk about a vacation killer. Had a friend come over & do a wc & test the water. Water was fine. Although she denied it, obviously my neighbor forgot to turn the filters back on the previous evening & by the time she remembered & went over the next morning-BAM!! Anyhow, I bought a generator when I could find one,at the end of the N'oreaster. You know one fish that survived both Sandy & the N'oreaster? My Red Coris Wrasse. God bless his/her little heart. Buried itself in the sand.