• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Purple Tang With Lateral Line Disease

So a week ago we picked up a Purple Tang with Lateral Line Disease. The fish was only 40$ how could be not go for it?
Right now he is in our 100 gallon stock tank QT, no copper treatment yet, and being fed food soaked in selcon. He has a great color, size and is eating well. How long should we keep this guy in the QT before we add him to the DT? I know that Lateral Line can be from parasites or bacterial but because of his condition I wanted to wait out the stressor of using copper or anything else.
So really, how long should we observe him?
I read this article on it

Just due to it being a Tang and they are known carriers of ich, I would wait at least 4 weeks. LLD isn't too bad and I have seen fish in the wild with it. My sailfin tang started showing the disease and I stopped running carbon and it healed.

Awesome, thank you for the quick response! His condition does not look too bad (when you compare it to a google search) so hopefully he turns out to be a good addition to the DT in the future.